Jambands.ca

GO CANUCKS GO!

phorbesie

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe all the empty seats in Anaheim!

I didn't notice this, and according to ESPN the game was a sell-out (Attendance: 17,250, 100.4% full). The building in Anaheim is consistently around 95% full.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=270425025

What I did notice was the Canucks inability to deal with the Ducks' speed. Hopefully they'll get their legs back for game 2.

my roommate made the same comment about the empty seats in anaheim... weird.

i think vancouver was terribly outskated - a lot of the penalties they took because they had to after being beaten, and a couple of the goals came simply because anaheim had a little more hop in their step.. vancouver was leaving too many men open on the near wing all night, too.

you had to expect anaheim would be flying and vancouver would be scraping the reserve... but damn, anaheim was super fast. that week off will do wonders the longer this series goes.

i think game 2 will be a lot tighter and vancouver will look a lot stronger... they're certainly faster than they showed, and when they get there i think they can still make this a great series.

GREAT GAME ALERT

Glad I decided to stay in. This has been fantastic hockey for a 1-1 game. Unfortunately now I'm drunk and tired and in the atlantic time zone and trying to stay awake for overtime. Hence the typing...

double ot isnt what vancouver needed..

[rant]

i cant believe cbc doesnt do anything for the commercials on the stream... there's ad revenue just being pissed away on a message telling me that the game is in tv time out... i mean, if they cant sell shit for that slot, why not advertise their own stuff? it makes no sense, and the silence is fucking ridiculous.[/rant]

Pronger and Niedermeyer are amazing to watch!!!! I have a whole new amount of respect for Pronger. At this point it looks like Anaheim is on a roll and seem to be gaining momentum. Sad as it is, i think the Canucks are done ... hopefully the death blow will come soon and quick.

Thanks JFJ for going with McCabe instead of getting a real defensive all-star like Pronger :(