Jambands.ca

Wolfe Island Music Festival Lineup 2007

AD

The return of Wolf Parade!

The ninth edition of the Wolfe Island Musicfest will be happening on August 10th and 11th on Wolfe Island, one of the Thousand Islands outside Kingston, Ontario. Fittingly, the headlining act on the Saturday, the main day of the fest, will be Wolf Parade but the rest of the lineup is just as impressive, featuring Holy Fuck, Apostle Of Hustle, Chad Van Gaalen, Born Ruffians, Spiral Beach, Basia Bulat, The Abrams Brothers, The Ride Theory, Nich Worby and most excitingly for me, Weeping Tile.

In addition to the main to-do on Saturday, there's the Hootenanny Review taking place the night before, featuring Jenny Whitely, Luther Wright (Luther was/is Weeping Tile's lead guitarist), Julie Fader and Jim Bryson. The festival is a charity event intended to raise funds for the Wolfe Island Community Centre and environs. Tickets for the Hootenanny are $15 and for the festival, $25. On-site camping will be available for $10. For those who rarely leave the city (I'm looking at you, self), Wolfe Island is approximately three and a half hours east of Toronto.

Weeping Tile got back together in a studio to play a track on the Rheostatics' tribute disc - apparently they still get back together from time to time for 'special gigs' around Kingston, where they all live.

The festival's official website has the following bands listed.. Maybe its the 2006 lineup but it isn't clearly marked as such....?

* The Hootenany Tour

* Constantines

* Luther Wright

* Carolyn Mark

* Shuyler Jansen

* Jenny Whiteley

* Lady Racers

* Fat Robot

* Fembots

* Great Lake Swimmers

* Chris Brown All Star Band with Kate Fenner

* Jon-Rae and the River

* Holy F*ck

* Hidden Cameras

* Wintersleep

* RWI

Pretty damn sweet lineup!

edit: this lineup is a lot more exciting to me than the one that chromewaves guy listed.

Edited by Guest