Jambands.ca

The Secret

Sarahbelle

I think there was a thread about this awhile back, but I just got this book last week. It's pretty neat stuff and I feel like it has already made a difference in my life...

The premis is that you are a big magnet that attracts things into your life. It is the "Law of Attraction" and if you want something and have no doubts that you will get it, you will. Has anyone tried this??? has anything worked for you??

I thought it was a nice concept, but that's all. When you really think it over it's just another self help strategy still focused on the ego. There's allot of room to dig deeper than the law of attraction. By the theories put out by them it seems as though all the third world children that are starving and such just deserve it. At first it sounded good to me but after a while it just became another farce. Ultimately, we should live our lives to the best of our abilities and that can never be summed up in a book or movie.

Since I began using the secret several months ago, I've made $787,650 finding spare change I envisioned laying around. I've had sex 42 times with random women I pictured hanging out 'waiting' for me under various bridges. I've met every member of the Grateful Dead, including Jerry Garcia, Pigpen and the keyboard players too. I'm now much more attractive. And, to top it all off, I finally grew that third nipple I wanted. It's been very mentally, along with physically, taxing, but, it's worked wonders for me...

LOL, how to follow that post?

i cant say im a fan of the concept. i think that bending your version of reality to suit your will precludes being honest with yourself and others about what it really takes to achieve your goals. i think one of the reasons im so miserable :) is because i am very aware of my faults and the barriers that exist between where i am now and where i want to be. ive been very hurt by people who have ignored their true feelings because they felt those feelings were physically taking them somewhere they didnt want to go. are they truly happier with me out of their lives? i doubt even they will ever know for sure.

i think its more realistic to find happiness within the boundaries of who you are than to struggle against, or ignore your true nature to become or acquire something/someone you are not or were not meant to have/be.

but thats just what /i/ think.

LOL, how to follow that post?

i cant say im a fan of the concept. i think that bending your version of reality to suit your will precludes being honest with yourself and others about what it really takes to achieve your goals. i think one of the reasons im so miserable :) is because i am very aware of my faults and the barriers that exist between where i am now and where i want to be. ive been very hurt by people who have ignored their true feelings because they felt those feelings were physically taking them somewhere they didnt want to go. are they truly happier with me out of their lives? i doubt even they will ever know for sure.

i think its more realistic to find happiness within the boundaries of who you are than to

struggle against, or ignore your true nature to

become or acquire something/someone you are not

or were not meant to have/be.

I AGREE WITH YOU WHY BE SOMETHING YOU ARE NOT YOU can try but it never works, be yourself, puttin on a front would be hard i would not have a clue how to do i am me po po from po po land

but thats just what /i/ think.

I think you're forgetting something Myrna

Customs officer circa 96-98ish: Could you remove your shoes and socks please sir?

Little Myrna: Uhhh okay

CO: Choo paint your toenails!?!?

But enough thread hijacking. The secret? I think it's more abuot changing your viewpoint from one of rational clear minded thinking to one of blinkered positivity.

Stay in school kids.

Try to go to Harvard. If you do, you could end up writing stuff such as...

"Do you like what you doth see...?" said the voluptuous elf-maiden as she provocatively parted the folds of her robe to reveal the rounded, shadowy glories within. Frito's throat was dry, though his head reeled with desire and ale.

She slipped off the flimsy garment and strode toward the fascinated boggie unashamed of her nakedness. She ran a perfect hand along his hairy toes, and he helplessly watched them curl with the fierce insistent wanting of her.

"Let me make thee more comfortable," she whispered hoarsely, fiddling with the clasps of his jerkin, loosening his sword belt with a laugh. "Touch me, oh touch me," she crooned.

Frito's hand, as though of its own will, reached out and traced the delicate swelling of her elf-breast, while the other slowly crept around her tiny, flawless waist, crushing her to his barrel chest.

"Toes, I love hairy toes," she moaned, forcing him down on the silvered carpet. Her tiny pink toes caressed the luxuriant fur of his instep while Frito's nose sought out the warmth of her precious elf-navel.

"But I'm so small and hairy, and...and you're so beautiful," Frito whimpered, slipping clumsily out of his crossed garters.

The elf-maiden said nothing, but only sighed deep in her throat and held him more firmly to her faunlike body. "There is one thing you must do for me first," she whispered into one tufted ear.

"Anything," sobbed Frito, growing frantic with his need. "Anything!"

She closed her eyes and then opened them to the ceiling. "The Ring," she said. "I must have your Ring."

Frito's whole body tensed. "Oh no," he cried, "not that! Anything but...that."

"I must have it," she said both tenderly and fiercely. "I must have the Ring!"

Frito's eyes blurred with tears and confusion. "I can't," he said. "I musn't!"

But he knew resolve was no longer strong in him. Slowly, the elf-maiden's hand inched toward the chain in his vest pocket, closer and closer it came to the Ring Frito had guarded so faithfully...

(The above is the "tease" page, just inside the front cover, from Bored Of The Rings. For some reason, the passage doesn't actually appear in the novel itself.)

Aloha,

Brad

(The above is the "tease" page' date=' just inside the front cover, from Bored Of The Rings. For some reason, the passage doesn't actually appear in the novel itself.)

Is it supposed to tease me into not reading the rest?

Its omission is, I believe, intentional. And the book (along with Doon) is well worth reading.

Aloha,

Brad