Some Tour Dates for The Hold Steady

Jaimoe

This is a fucking rock and band for all of you. I'm going hell or high water:

8.4.07 Chicago, IL Lollapalooza

8.5.07 Covington, KY Madison Theater

8.6.07 Toronto, ON Opera House

8.7.07 Montreal, PQ La Sala Rosa

8.9.07 Brooklyn, NY Prospect Park Band Shell

Their performance of "Stuck Between Stations" gave me a "first experience" experience similar to the time when I first saw My Morning Jacket on Conan doing "One Big Holiday". Both bands kicked me in the teeth and I never saw the kick coming. Tim, I believe you'll find some great performances of THS on Youtube, including their terrific Letterman gig.

maybe you hold steady folks can help me get these guys. i have "boys and girls in america" wnd am underwhelmed. is there another release of theirs that will hook me? or live stuff?

I didn't get them until I saw them live, if that's recommendation enough.

Try Separation Sunday, their previous disc. In a way I like it more than Boys&Girls for its cohesiveness and storytelling, although there is quite a bit of overlap between the two albums in the latter regard. I just love Craig Finn's lyrics.

LOVE the Hold Steady. They were a stand-out performance for me @ Langerado this year.

Just missed their show in NYC when I was there a few weeks ago -- they were playing too close to Constantines start time so we made the executive call to miss it (reluctantly).

Agreed -- their lyrics on drugs and girls are brilliantly straight-forward, simply catching.

Here are some pics I took of them @ Langerado -- didn't get a good one of their drummer, but he was rocking a wicked RUSH shirt.

They put on such an incredible performance. Their keyboard player is like a demonic cabaret perfomer. Their bass(laser) player is like a young Keith Richards .... not in looks -- he looks like a dishevelled Andrew McCarthy from Pretty in Pink... but rather in the fact he's boozin' the hell out of the show the whole time and has the most impeccable smoking-while-playing technique I've seen of our generation. Lead guitarist is quite an engaging performer... lots of interaction with the crowd. Good times; catch 'em if you can.

hssz1.jpg

hs2lo3.jpg

hs3fe6.jpg

I'm not going to work and will be at the show in August in T.O.

If you live in the GTA and plan on hitting this sucker up, and you should, tickets are available at Rotate This for $15. I'm sure they'll add a $1.50 on top of the price, but maybe not. TM adds at least $3 as a "convenience fee", but I'm heading to Rotate This this weekend. TM is a well-know soul-sucking entity.