Jambands.ca

draught beer sickies

phorbesie

does anyone else have this?

i've noticed it is happening to me a lot lately. for awhile i thought it was just dirty lines a few places but i seem to be getting bad tummyaches many times i have draught beer now, but not bottles! is it the carbonation or something else? i don't feel like it's gas though, but i could be wrong i guess.

does anyone else have this?

i've noticed it is happening to me a lot lately. for awhile i thought it was just dirty lines a few places but i seem to be getting bad tummyaches many times i have draught beer now, but not bottles! is it the carbonation or something else? i don't feel like it's gas though, but i could be wrong i guess.

It might be that the bars aren't cleaning the lines that run from the kegs to the taps. I remember having a really bad (tasting) one at Barrymore's one night, after which I switched almost exclusively to bottles. (I was drinking draft last night, but only because it's tough to find St. Ambroise beers on tap here; it didn't do anything bad to me.)

Aloha,

Brad

i agree on the lines/taps since the bars i frequent aren't exactly upscale, but are some people just more susceptible than others to it? surely everyone isn't getting sick. i do have a weak stomach i guess.

which were you drinking last night brad? i was drinking the st. ambroise blonde. it was so yummy but i was hurting so bad this morning!

which were you drinking last night brad? i was drinking the st. ambroise blonde. it was so yummy but i was hurting so bad this morning!

This gentleman preferred blondes last night. I had three pints, and was a little tired this morning (due in no small part to getting to bed about 2am), but otherwise in fine shape.

Aloha,

Brad

never get draught from the upstairs bar at barrymore's. the lines for those kegs go down to the aloha and would be impossible to clean properly. i've ordered some really stank-ass beer from the upstairs bar before remembering my own advice some nights.

phorbesie, i sometimes feel (what I think is) waaaaaaaaaaaay worse after drinking from taps, but there are so many variables that i don't think i can put my finger on the cause.

I think it runs in the family Phorbes because I can get insanely sick when I hit the draught. From every end if you know what I mean. I rarely drink the stuff. Draught, that is.

I think it was Kingston's own Portsmouth Tavern that put you off, way back when. They could probably grow mushrooms out of their beer lines and taps. 'Course back then you could smoke indoors as well and that place was theee smokeyest bar ever (you'd be in there for all of 10 minutes and your clothes would stink of smoke the next day) which made us think that that was the reason for the hangovers (not to mention the epic sessions)

ahhh the Ports....

I used to be a bit of a bar hound and would be at the bars drinking draught 4-5 nights a week. Back then it didn't bother me so much. Over the last few years though I Have found that I can have just as much fun drinking at home, unless there's a band I really want to see. Now when I go to a bar and order the draught I'm sick as hell the next day. Where was I going with this?

Oh yeah, tolerance to anything, whether it's dirty draught lines or iocane powder is a muscle that need to be worked. Therefore if you have a hang-over, it's your own fault for not drinking enough. :crazy:

I can't drink draft beer anymore for this very reason. Some mornings after drinking draft beer the night before I wake up and my tongue is seriously swollen. According to my doctor, it could be a couple things, dirty glasses, dirty lines or the amount of cobalt in keg beer (opposed to the amount in a 355ml bottle) and my sensitivity to any of those three things. Different for everyone I suppose.

i only had 2 pints so i'm not hungover at all except for the tummy HURT...

Draught bothers me less the last few years, but used to often make me sick really easily. Still prefer to get bottles when possible for that reason, just in case.

I was drinking the Blonde too, Phorbesie, and yeah, my stomach has been especially wonky all day.