Jambands.ca

Lawnchair call in show on CBC radio one

mark tonin

I caught the tail end of today's Ontario Today program on CBC Radio One, which airs weekdays from noon until 2 p.m. What really interested me was tomorrow's program (Wednesday), which will include a call in show about the "lawn chair debate" and people standing versus sitting at music festivals. Hopefully some people can call to give the pro-standing/dancing view. Velvet, I'm looking your way! :)

Peace, Mark

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Next on Ontario Today... You have packed your binoculars, an extra sweater and the lawn chair. It's your annual pilgrimage to the outdoor folk or jazz festival. But as the music starts and you have settled nicely into your chair, 3 rows of fans in front of you rise to their feet and stay there for the entire concert. Do you stew in silence, get on your feet and join them or vow not to come back next year. The great chair versus standing debate is raging at some big music festivals. Wednesday we'll explore the unspoken rules and etiquette about making everyone happy at outdoor events. Stand up and voice your opinion as we open the phone lines.

no mention of bluesfest?

Mark Monahan will be taking calls.

Lawn-chair only section has been removed for the remainder of the festival.

It was nice to see all of the standing and dancing during moe. last night!

Does that mean lawn chairs are still being setup ?

Last night at Los Lobos, it was obvious how the chairs pushed people who like to dance to the side.

Last night at Los Lobos, it was obvious how the chairs pushed people who like to dance to the side.

That was bloody (literally, I cut my foot on a lawn chair) AWFUL. I couldnt believe how packed that stage was. Thankfully people were clearing out half-way through their set which allowed Douglas and I to move around a bit and find a happy place.

The women talking right now is frustrating me with her constant "this debate is silly" comments. If it was so silly the CBC wouldn't have set aside this time to talk about it.

I agree, she drove me nutz as she complained about people standing and how she had to move her blanky. WAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

that last lady on the phone "Sheila" is a perfect example of the dark side. Calling people selfish for wanting to see a band they like, without suscribing to the fact that having a fucking chair taking up all that space is very selfish.

I think she said that she was standing; she was more complaining about generally discourteous concert behaviour (as opposed to behaviour that's specific to the chair vs. stand debate).

Aloha,

Brad

that last lady on the phone "Sheila" is a perfect example of the dark side. Calling people selfish for wanting to see a band they like' date=' without suscribing to the fact that having a fucking chair taking up all that space is very selfish.

[/quote']

I think she said that she was standing; she was more complaining about generally discourteous concert behaviour (as opposed to behaviour that's specific to the chair vs. stand debate).

Aloha,

Brad

welcome to a general admission concert. i don't think that was the horror story that they painted it as. that's a fuckin' GA concert. They kept calling it an "unfortunate incident".