Jambands.ca

Cat Power...yawn

AdamH

Her voice was totally shot from the get go. It was very low in the mix to begin with which I couldn't figure out at first but once she started coughing and weezing it was apparent that she wasn't in top form. The last tune which is was one of the better songs that they played was terrible on the vocals and this was the obvious reason that there was no encore. Pretty mellow overall though which was to be expected.

it didn't hold my attention as well as some other sets, but i thought it was nice and easy going and great singing, judah bauer is always a treat to see. no complaints (rare eh?). woulda been nicer with al green's band but the artist always has to move on...

she looked pretty comfortable up there, and her voice, even if strained like wierdness said, is still gorgeous.

perfect weather, cool sky, mellow tunes, it was a good time at the rogers stage.

Well, Toronto was my 5th or 6th time seeing her play and I thought it was a phenomenal show for her. The Dirty Delta Blues were fantastic backing her up and although she may have seemed to struggle, she was still singing amazingly!!! As for the "no encore" thing I think it had more to do with a busy schedule, the 7000 degree temperature in the Phoenix and the lack luster, typical nob Toronto audience...

I ran into her and the DDB band in the bar lobby after the show and had a nice little chat (she was staying at the Met where Franti also was and I was there visiting my friend who does sound for Franti)...she was VERY fatigued but really enjoyed herself here...

Gawpo Giggles :D:D:D