Wooooooooo!! So excited!! I was just looking at the line-up:

Thursday, August 9

Terrapin Stage

4pm - U Melt

7pm - Dark Star Orchestra

Bandshell Stage

5:30pm - John Brown's Body

Solar Beach Stage all day:

Clip, The Indobox, CorkScrew, Christopher Robin Band, Fungus Amungus, and Hubinger Street

Friday, August 10

Terrapin Stage

12pm - Chuch

2:50pm - Zero

5:40pm - Dickey Betts & Great Southern

9pm - George Clinton and P-Funk

Bandshell Stage

1:15pm - Tea Leaf Green

4:15pm - Railroad Earth

7:05pm - Mickey Hart Band

11pm - Deep Banana Blackout

Solar Beach Stage:

Electric Mayhem, Big Apple'achia, Fro, Nardy Boy, John Hickey Band, Depth Quartet, and Cosmic Jibaros

Saturday, August 11

Terrapin Stage

11am - Ryan Montbleau Band

2:30pm - Donna Jean & the Tricksters

6:15pm - Keller and the Keels

10pm - Bob Weir & Ratdog

Bandshell Stage

12:45pm - Strangefolk

4:15pm - Assembly of Dust

8:10pm - Les Claypool

Solar Beach Stage:

Jay Stollman and the All Stars, Roamer, Darian Cunning, Rolla, Manchado, King for a Day, and The Bomb Squad

Sunday, August 12

Terrapin Stage

11am - Kevin Hays Jazz Session

2:15pm - Martin Sexton

5pm - Buddy Guy

Bandshell Stage

12:30pm - Dirty Dozen Brass Band

3:30pm - The Wailers

6:30pm - Los Lobos

Solar Beach Stage:

Hoe, Electric Hill, Larissa Delorenzo, Scarecrow Collection, and The Breakfast

Also, on Friday-Sunday on the Long Beach Sound Stage will feature The Juggling Suns as house band. In addition to the Suns, Boris Garcia, The Kind Buds, and David Gans will grace the stage as well. From 10:45am - 7pm.

So there's no late-night?? Guess we'll have to make our own! ;)

Who's getting excited??

• 2 weeks later...

What a great time!! :laugh:

We got there right in time for DSO's Thursday night set. It was an amazingly long set that was a special Jerry Garcia tribute (it lasted a little more than 5 hours).. It was an original setlist, and included tunes like Run for the Roses, Help > Slipknot > Franklin's, Box of Rain, Terrapin, Cassidy, Dancing in the Street, Big River, and lots more that I'll slowly remember as time goes on.. ;)

They encored with 4 songs, but I only remember How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) and Not Fade Away.. Donna Jean and Lisa (DSO's "Donna Jean") were sure taking the stage by storm during Not Fade Away.. It sounded so soulful and sincere, and I enjoyed seeing them smiling and singing together. (I'm 80% sure Ripple was an encore song.. If not, then they played it during the show)

David Gans also came out and sang/played a couple songs.

Anyways, it was an amazing show and it kicked the Vibes off right! :o

The next day was super cold and rainy, which is always a drag. Our crew pretty much hung out and partied around our camp waiting for things to let up. We could hear the music a bit from the stage, but the good thing was that RadioVibes was on broadcasting the concerts live. We turned up the car radio and had a disco party at our own camp (disco balls aplenty) for most of the morning.

Railroad Earth was awesome on Friday afternoon. Even though it was cold and rainy, everyone was dancing and smiling at the stage. They played mostly new songs that I've never heard, but they threw in a few old ones, like Smilin' Like a Buddha. I did wish that they played a few more older tunes, but I would never be disappointed by RRE..

Also on Friday was George Clinton and P-Funk.. The last 2 times I've seen them I promised myself I would never see them again, but since everyone else in my group wanted to see them, I ventured to the stage with them. I was honestly surprised at how much they rocked out!! We were standing behind the sound booth and couldn't see the stage, and my theory was that as long as I didn't see the madness on stage, the music was good! But really, it was super funky and I really enjoyed their set..

The Deep Banana Blackout set was a James Brown Tribute, and it sounded amazing! (We enjoyed it back at our disco party)

Saturday was a hot, beautiful, sunny day, and we started it off by seeing the Ryan Montbleau Band, which our friend Rich highly recommended. Such high energy, funky, jazzy beats! I really had a lot of fun dancing to them! These guys are really gonna take the scene by storm soon! Very entertaining! Look into those guys, they'll be in Toronto in September!

Donna Jean & The Tricksters are always a good time.. This is their setlist:

Set 1: No Better Way, Weight of the World, Till the Morning Comes, Isn’t It a Pity, American Beauty, Loose Lucy, Shelter, Spirit in the Sky*> Jam> All I Gotta Say, Reno

Comment: *1st ever performance

We missed Assembly of Dust to eat and get ready for Keller.

So I was a bit disappointed by Keller's set. It was originally supposed to be Keller and the Keels, but apparantly the Keels flight was delayed or canceled, so Keller was a bit unprepared. Instead of having his array of instruments on the stage, the Keel's instruments were there, so it made it hard for him to do his usual stuff with his usual instruments. Still, I love Keller, so I had a good time. He played Doobie in My Pocket, Best Feeling, Bob Rules, I Wanna Jump Your Bones, Victory Song, and others..

Bob Weir came out at the end and forgot the lyrics to Brown Eyed Women, and other Dead songs! In my opinion, Bobby messed up Keller's last few songs. Keller had to keep taking over the lyrics and everyone was just confused at what was happening. I was really worried about how Ratdog's set would turn out..

Les Claypool sounded good from where we were walking around by the ocean. We had a good seat for fireworks that were going on outside of the Vibes while Les rocked out.

We went back to the stage for Ratdog, and it was CRAZY!! Bobby messed up the first few verses of Shakedown Street, but nobody seemed to care.. After that mess-up, he played a Dylan tune (my foggy head can't remember which one), and actually remembered all the words! That was followed by the Ratdog song Money For Gasoline. They also played Dark Star, Eyes of the World, St. Stephen, The Eleven, and encored with One More Saturday Night and Ripple..

It was such an amazing show!! Bobby was wearing semi-short shorts!! Yay!! :P

Sunday was super hot as well, but we sweated through Dirty Dozen Brass Band, which was super funky and fun! That alone tired us out, and we went to lay in the shade and pack up, listening to Buddy Guy and the Wailers from our site..

It was a fun festival overall with lots of good music! There were so many people there, a lot larger of a festival than I thought.. Bridgeport was an interesting town, and Seaside Park was beautiful! I absolutely loved the sea breeze and the salt air as I danced to the wonderful music!!

We'll post pictures soon, hopefully! :o

That was a totally ridiculous wait last year Mark! I wasn't going to go if it was held at the Indian Lookout Country Club again. The bikers that run it, sure have quite the 'operation' going there...couldn't believe we had pay 20 bucks to wait while they made everyone empty everything totally out, two cars at a time and them claim all the booze and drunks they wanted...

This year was nothing like that thankfully! It was very well organized with very minimal searching. We were running late and I remember saying "its gonna take a miracle to make it in time to catch darkstar if there is a line" ...

well I'm not sure if it was a miracle or what but the Captain' jedied us straight past about a two hr wait of a line...she got in this one lane, by chance, you needed credentials for that was flyin' on in. When she got to the gate they put us off to the side, since we did not have the 'credentials', to be searched...10mins later with really no search at all we were in...and fucking lucky...cause it was the best dso show I've seen yet !!!

Other than the extreme weather we had going from rainy and really cold to two days of super hot heat it was a great, very well run fest. Seaside Park alone was cool as hell, with the ocean right there and a ton of different species of trees that were fun to trip on. If you were lucky enough to get park under any you were set...we were not :P dam that was some hot sun...

DSC02553.jpg

DSC02557.jpg

DSC02563.jpg

The highlight for me was definately Ratdog...

he bombed on the few songs he came out to do with poor Keller, but really pulled it together for his show, and surprised the hell out of us and alot of people there that witnessed the Keller set. Plus we had a running joke going for the previous DSO show that they were gonna play Darkstar/eyes back into Darkstar/eyes back into Darkstar... well we were going off when Bobby and Ratdog pretty much gave us exactly that...check out the setlist...

8/11/2007 Seaside Park, Bridgeport, CT

I: Jam > Shakedown Street* > Minglewood Blues > She Belongs to Me, Money for Gasoline, Easy to Slip > Supplication > Dark Star > Shakedown Street (reprise) > Eyes of the World*+

II: Me and My Uncle@4, A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall@5 > Two Djinn > Stuff > Come Together* > Dark Star > St. Stephen > William Tell Bridge > The Eleven

E: One More Saturday Night* > Ripple*

Show with Steve Kimock (Guitar); *-with Donna Jean Godchaux-MacKay (Vocals); +-with Keller Williams (Guitar/Vocals); Mark was absent; Stuff - Jeff/Jay/Kenny/Robin/Steve; Bob sat in with Keller on "Willin" and "Scarlet > Brown-Eyed"; Jeff, Jay, and Kenny sat in with Claypool, joined by Bob on "TNK"

I have to come back to this thread and read more later, but I'm already [color:green]green with envy.

We got there right in time for DSO's Thursday night set. It was an amazingly long set that was a special Jerry Garcia tribute (it lasted a little more than 5 hours).. It was an original setlist, and included tunes like Run for the Roses, Help > Slipknot > Franklin's, Box of Rain, Terrapin, Cassidy, Dancing in the Street, Big River, and lots more that I'll slowly remember as time goes on..

They encored with 4 songs, but I only remember How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) and Not Fade Away.. Donna Jean and Lisa (DSO's "Donna Jean") were sure taking the stage by storm during Not Fade Away.. It sounded so soulful and sincere, and I enjoyed seeing them smiling and singing together. (I'm 80% sure Ripple was an encore song.. If not, then they played it during the show)

David Gans also came out and sang/played a couple songs.

Anyways, it was an amazing show and it kicked the Vibes off right!

gotta say , I thought the Rat Dog show was kind of boring. Maybe I was spoiled by the killer funk on friday night, but Bobby's set seemed sooo sloooow. me and marco were making fun of him the rest of the weekend, "hey slow it down bobby, dont want anybody to have a heart attack!"

about that funk - p funk was fuckin incredible, after they finished I was thinking how is DBB going to follow that?? how do you follow one of the hottest funk bands on the planet? Gotta say that DBB must also be one of the hottest funk bands on the planet cause they kicked my ass just as much. awesome!

• 2 weeks later...