EPL 2007-2008 Season

MattyC

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The Season in Numbers

0 - League games in which ManYoo and Arsenal conceded more than two goals. Plus, games lost by Chelsea when Ricardo Carvalho was on the pitch.

1 - Win managed this season by Derby. Shame on you Newcastle. Plus; Fulham win achieved without Brian McBride (he was out for almost six months).

2 - Goals scored by Chelsea's £13.5m signing Florent Malouda.

3 - Clean sheets cobbled together by relegated clubs Derby and Birmingham. Plus, games in which ManYoo failed to score (v Reading, Man City and Bolton).

4 - Premier League goals scored by Derby's top scorer Kenny Miller.

5 - Points dropped at Old Trafford by Manchester United - in the opening-day draw with Reading and the derby defeat to Manchester City. Plus, games won by Liverpool in which Fernando Torres or Steven Gerrard failed to score.

6 - Wins for Fulham under Roy Hodgson in 18 league games in charge - a win rate roughly equal to Alan Curbishley's at West Ham over the whole season.

7 - Points picked up by Manchester City against Big Four sides, including a double over ManYoo. Plus, goals conceded in the final five minutes of games by Chelsea.

8 - Premier League clubs who have changed their manager this season. Plus, English players who made it to double scoring figures (that figure was six last season).

9 - Points picked up by West Ham in their last 12 games of the season. Only Derby ended the season in worse form. Plus, number of games won 1-0 by Chelsea.

10 - Points picked up by Newcastle against top-half opposition. Plus, number of league titles now won by Ryan Giggs.

11 - Yellow cards picked up by PL bad boys Nicky Butt, El Hadji Diouf and Michael Brown.

12 - Goals in as many games for Ronaldo in the Premier League season run-in.

13 - Goals scored by Tottenham substitutes - more than any other side.

15 - Tottenham games featuring four or more goals. Plus, number of scoring Arsenal players in the Premier League.

18 - Players who have started Premier League games for Aston Villa.

19 - Goal assists attributed to Cesc Fabregas by the Premier League website.

20 - Players given Premier League winner's medals this season - including Gerard Pique and Tomasz Kuszczak, who received special dispensation.

21 - Points gained by Arsenal from losing positions.

22 - Percentage of Everton's goals that came from their defenders.

24 - League goals scored by Fernando Torres in his first season of English football, beating the 'foreign newcomer' record set by Ruud van Nistelrooy.

27 - Goals scored in the final 15 minutes of games by Arsenal.

31 - League goals scored by Ronaldo this season. He joins Alan Shearer, Kevin Phillips and Thierry Henry in the 30-plus club.

33 - Points dropped from winning positions by Tottenham.

38 - Number of goals scored at Fratton Park and the JJB Stadium this season - the lowest total in the Premier League.

41 - Goals scored by Englishmen for Aston Villa.

57 - League goals scored by Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo this season from a ManYoo total of 80. That's more goals than fifth-placed Everton.

71 - Goals scored by Aston Villa, making them more potent than either Liverpool or Chelsea.

80 - Number of goals scored at White Hart Lane this season in the league.

85 - Yellow cards picked up by Middlesbrough in 38 games.

93 - Fouls committed by Aston Villa's John Carew, who beat Kevin Davies into second place of that particular table.

777 - Number of minutes between Derby goals on September 29 and December 8.

1002 - Total number of goals scored in the division - the highest total since 2003/04.

3420 - Minutes played by Birmingham's Stephen Kelly to make him the only truly ever-present outfield player in the Premier League.

Simply The Best

FOLLOW FOLLOW

Well since 1972 there hasnt been a bigger day in a Bluenoses' life. MON THE GERS...today I bleed blue win or lose!

Ive waited my whole life for a Euro final. Im going with my dad to the game today and he was at the 72 CWC final in Barcalona. Im so wound up I dont know what to do with myself except get BOUNCY BOUNCY BOUNCY BOUNCY NA NA NA!!!

Im pissed and pished. Zenit deserved to win that game either way and Im glad they did. I just dont understand why they didnt make a change at halftime or on 50-55 minutes to shake it up when they were getting the ball. At least we still have treble hopes. we have 2 spl games left to play and were 1 point out and the Scottish Cup is pretty much a given versus div 1 Queen of the South.

Im pissed and pished. Zenit deserved to win that game either way and Im glad they did. I just dont understand why they didnt make a change at halftime or on 50-55 minutes to shake it up when they were getting the ball. At least we still have treble hopes. we have 2 spl games left to play and were 1 point out and the Scottish Cup is pretty much a given versus div 1 Queen of the South.

so FA Cup eh lads? Anyone thinking of hitting the Georgie @ 10:00 on Saturday morning?

I'd love to catch it but I'm not at all sure I can swing it, realistically

At 10 AM I'll be hungover with a bong in one hand and the remote in the other. Go Bluebirds!

At 10 AM I'll be hungover with a bong in one hand and the remote in the other. Go Bluebirds!

Someone needs to design a bong with one of those universal remotes built in: put the buttons on the vertical tube (and the business end of the remote in the base maybe), to be operated with the hand that holds the bong; this would free up the other hand to do the lighting.

Aloha,

Brad