Jambands.ca

Is anyone esle enjoyin this strom ?

Band_Whore

just got home from work and when i was on my last break, there was this crazy lightning storm. Everyone was scared and went inside except for me an another fellow worker (apparently the only ones at work who enjoy a good lightning storm.) Bolts were flying through and across the sky over the feild sideways. It was damn cool, didnt want to go back in to work!

Our puppy was scared!!

best time to get up and play with them. If you try to do this during storms/fireworks/etc then they will associate these events with play time, not being scared and alone. Worked like a charm with our two dogs (not with an earlier one we didn't do this with).

Where are the pics of the pup?

Our puppy was scared!!

best time to get up and play with them. If you try to do this during storms/fireworks/etc then they will associate these events with play time' date=' not being scared and alone. Worked like a charm with our two dogs (not with an earlier one we didn't do this with).

Where are the pics of the pup?[/quote']

That's a good idea! She usually doesn't sleep with us, but we let her last night, and that seemed to work. Luckily our other dog, Lexie (6 years old), doesn't scare easily with stuff like that..

Ok.. So you asked for pics!!

This is Daisy, the pup! She's almost 8 months old now..

DSC02114.jpg

This is Daisy and Lexie..

DSC01959.jpg

And this is what Daisy usually looks like (or at least tries to achieve everyday)...

DSC02194.jpg

And this is the oh so posh Lex..

DSC01001.jpg

great idea about playing during storm time. makes perfect sense, from a skinnerian point of view. :)

Thanks for that, i just read up a bit on Skinner. I first thought of Principle Skinner, but then I realized it was somebody else . That kind of reinforcement works wonders with dogs, especially when they are pups. It worked with conquering the fear of storms, petting them while they are eating, even litter box training as puppies!!!!

It all has to be maintained, and of course my dogs get cheeky and talk back to me all the time. Especially Marley.

this is our dog, Dylyn, a Lab X Border Collie. she doesnt like storms. but she does like sniffing ...

Now that's one great sniffer! So Dylyn's got the lab sniffer and is prob a great swimmer with webbed paws, and of course highly intelligent with the Border Collie in there. I had a friend with a border collie and would literally HERD my pugs in his backyard ... it was hilarious.

too smart sometimes. for sure, herding is right. we like to play "poke the kitty" with our two cats, but her favourite "trick" is to let us know she's pissed that we've gone out for the evening. she grabs something from the trash, rips it up, and leaves it exactly in the middle of the kitchen floor. and she does it in the first five minutes after we leave and then heads off to bed. never any damage, but message received. :D

we'd love to have a video camera to see what goes on in the house all day with them.