Jambands.ca

Anything going on in Toronto today? (other than Jimmy Buffet)

Cully

Genesis will be doing their "dress rehearsal" for their North American tour at the ACC after work!!! Don't know how I'm getting in, but i'm going to do my best. (only a couple of hundred will be there).

Might just have to run over and grab a margueritta in the Molson Amph lot if I don't make it in to the Genesis rehearsal :D

The Prince Brothers play for free in the front room at The Cameron House.. F'n sweet tunes!

http://www.myspace.com/princebrothers

The Prince Brothers are singer-songwriters, Eric and Bryan Prince. Multi-instrumentalists who write music with an earthy feel; as if it was born on a crystal pond north of Huntsville and fed on blossoms and ladybugs, until it developed into something beautiful. With their increasing musical achievements, growing fan base and formidable gifts and talents, the brothers have evolved from velour clad popsters with critically-acclaimed live shows, to gracious, charming songsmiths, with indie-cred coming out of their wazoos!

Now, The Prince Brothers invite you to listen with wide-eared wonder to something as simple and earnest as 'Cedar Shakes'. An intimate and meaning-potent musical experience, with songs ostensibly about love and the disasters therein. This, their latest album in a career spanning more than ten years, is a return to what motivated them as musical artists in the first place. As Eric puts it, "songs of honesty and truth." From this statement comes an album of boldness and beauty that grasps to realness and heartfelt emotions.

'Cedar Shakes' is a modest album borne partly of rebirth. Since the dismemberment of the brothers former band, Boyce's Road and periods of recording with widely ranging results the brothers needed to refresh and refocus. A retreat from the wild-eyed society saw The Prince Brothers holed up in a cabin in the northern woods with acoustic guitars and a Tascam 8-track to create this collection of introspective works.