Jambands.ca

RIP Pavarotti

hamilton

The Maestro has left the building.

Opera star Luciano Pavarotti dies at 71

‘He remained positive until finally succumbing,’ read manager’s statement

BREAKING NEWS

Updated: 1:24 a.m. ET Sept. 6, 2007

ROME - Luciano Pavarotti, whose vibrant high C’s and ebullient showmanship made him one of the world’s most beloved tenors, has died, his manager told The Associated Press. He was 71.

His manager, Terri Robson, told the AP in an e-mail statement that Pavarotti died at his home in Modena, Italy, at 5 a.m. local time. Pavarotti had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year and underwent further treatment in August.

“The Maestro fought a long, tough battle against the pancreatic cancer, which eventually took his life. In fitting with the approach that characterized his life and work, he remained positive until finally succumbing to the last stages of his illness,†the statement said.

Link to full story.

Anyone here ever see him sing?

I would have liked to have seen him, but I have a feeling I would have either been a bit bored or glued to the edge of my seat with a tingling spine. Hard to say.

But is it live or is it Memorex? Wasn't Pavarotti plagued by claims of lip synching towards the end of his career?

given how physical his singing style was, and how much he loved to sing, i'd be hard-pressed to believe any lip sync rumours.

I can't find anything on Wikipedia to support my claim, I just remember it being a bit of a big deal a few years ago, hence the question.

I like panzerottis too timouse!