Jambands.ca

Stevie Wonder @ the ACC!!

Patchoulia

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My apologies it it sounded like I was poo-pooing Greendale at the ACC. If I'd been here, I would have gone to those too.

I just never looked into it, and I presumed that he was doing small venues for the Greendale tour. Maybe Vancouver was just lucky.

You know, weirdly enough, the worst sound I ever had for Neil was actually in a little hockey arena, in Duncan, BC; so size isn't everything. A good soundman is worth his (her?) weight in gold.

There have been reports that Stevie has been AMAZING on this latest tour...so that bodes well.

And, bouche, are you seriously negating an artist for one questionable song in their repertoire?

Should we write off everything the Dead did after "Dancing in the Streets"? Should no one have gone to see them after their wholly suspect disco forays?

Just wondering.

I don't know about him live specifically, but I do think Stevie Wonder's awesome. I just wish it was a better venue he was playing here.

Apart from the amazing songs he wrote (even if he had some lame ones too, in fairness) he got famous among not only the black people, but also all the whiteys, at a time that a blind, black man needed a lot of guts to get into the popular music scene.

I dig Stevie.

I dig Stevie.

Me too. One of the best albums always:

Blog%20-%20L-O-2.com%20-%20Stevie%20Wonder%20-%20Songs%20in%20the%20Key%20of%20Life.jpg

Freaked out many people playing the "original" Pastime Paradise by Stevie to show how UNoriginal Coolio was. I did hear that Stevie did give Coolio permission. However, it's more of a 'cover' version than anything truly original.

Edited by Guest