Jambands.ca

Single skank roll call

The Chameleon

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all's I can say is they definitely broke the mold when they made DEM. I am one lucky gal!!!

but seriously, if you can't ask for (or ever hope to have) what you seek, want, want to explore, etc...then eventually you'll go outside of your relationship to find it. Vulnerability IS a wonderful thing to share.

I used to LIVE by sex columnist Dan Savage when I lived in TO (can't get him often enough here in sticksville) but he has an expression called "GGG" which translates to "good, giving and game." He, of course, was always referring to sexual play, but I always figured it could apply to ANY aspect of a relationship. Basically, it's the 'golden rule'...whatever you ask/seek/want of your partner in ANY respect (sexually, emotionally, physically, mentally) be willing to offer yourself!!!

/end thread hi-jack

K one thing I've been thinking of.. is how come it is soo often thought of as negetive to be single?

It's hard sometimes yeah but so is being in a relationship. Being single is great because you have your independence...I find you have more adventures being single too. You meet more interesting people...and you are free!!! I feel comfortable with being single.. I think it's under rated sometimes.....

I'm a big fan of having somebody cuddly and furry to curl up with at night. I think it's my inner child yearning for a teddy bear, but now that I'm grown up I want to be able to do naughty things with said bear.

And I like having that intimate connection with somebody, where you share similar values and have all these fun little inside jokes and whatnot.

I'm a sap, somebody shoot me please.

I think a person's desire (or need) for romantic companionship is like a lot of other aspects of the human experience*: it varies from person to person. While most of the populaton wants/needs/desires a single long-term partner, there are others who need more partners, and others who don't need any. It's the way that long-term partnership is so tightly coupled (pardon the pun) with reproduction that makes hard-core singles be considered "wrong," I think.

To me, the goal of living your life should be happiness. If you're happy being single (at a particular moment), then that's all that needs to be said. That (seeming) cliche of a person (usually a woman, for some reason) who thinks he/she has to get married by a certain age is completely missing the point, in my opinion: marriage (or a long-term relationship) is not an end in and of itself; it's a means to an end, the end being happiness.

Aloha,

Brad

P.S. All that said, I like ethnic food, good music, long walks on moonlit beaches, and discussions about pieces of furniture and where they can be placed in a room. ;)

* The aspects I'm thinking of would include a person's fondness for or ability at music, a person's desire for pets, the type of living situation (urban vs. rural, big estate vs. apartment, etc.) the person wants, a person's ability at math or literature, etc.