oink.cd busted

bouche

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Green Board (PT):

Topic: Oink - they're starting with Canada

I got a letter delivered by hand today. I've been busted for downloading albums off oink and uploading too.

The letter states what albums I've downloaded in the last 6 months (I switched internet providers so I guess they can only access my current) and its dead fucking on. Right down to La Cucaracha from a couple of weeks ago.

It states that I've downloaded 41 gigs and that my fine is $4100. I'm to pay the fine and it will be distributed between the record companies affected by my file sharing.

There is no mention of arrest or anything, the last line says I have 6 months to pay or I'll face penalties and collection.

I'll try and scan the letter tonight at work and post it so you can see whats coming.

Any other Canadians or anyone for that matter get this?

It wasn't "me" it was my roommate and he's taken off and is backpacking in Bolivia somewhere.

I'm not getting scared at this point and don't believe much of the threatening letters/posts/etc. until they are substantiated. So much of this can be scare tactics by the RIAA posted to the internet to make people think twice.

I got an email from my ISP once because they had been approached by one of the watchdogs that tries to protect Hollywood content. The ISP basically said that they were under obligation to contact me and ask me to stop. Well, i never stopped and never heard anything again. AT this point, i don't think that they have a legal leg to stand on when it comes to Canadian citizens.

Anyone?

From the Green Board (PT):
Topic: Oink - they're starting with Canada

I got a letter delivered by hand today. I've been busted for downloading albums off oink and uploading too.

The letter states what albums I've downloaded in the last 6 months (I switched internet providers so I guess they can only access my current) and its dead fucking on. Right down to La Cucaracha from a couple of weeks ago.

It states that I've downloaded 41 gigs and that my fine is $4100. I'm to pay the fine and it will be distributed between the record companies affected by my file sharing.

There is no mention of arrest or anything, the last line says I have 6 months to pay or I'll face penalties and collection.

I'll try and scan the letter tonight at work and post it so you can see whats coming.

Any other Canadians or anyone for that matter get this?

is this for real?

new avatar anyone? help yerself

ifpifh7.jpg

oh well, hardly using Oink anymore... just loggin on and downloading a book once a month to keep my account active

you can find some decent video tutorials on this romanian tracker bouche: docs.torrents.ro ... don't see them getting raided anytime soon, also lots of books and documentaries

http://www.newtorrents.info/ is good for newly released stuff

I'm glad I registered on OiNK using a made up name/gmail address. Although, I'm not sure the 2.1 GB I downloaded would be worth coming after me... 028ws9.gif

That's never how they'd track you down anyway. It'd be based on IP address. If the OiNK servers were tracking that sort of thing which is likely, they could look up the IP address and ask your ISP which house was getting that address.

http://www.newtorrents.info/ is good for newly released stuff

Not if you love Townes Van Zandt or Gram Parsons it ain't!

Demonoid (via proxy) for Townes Van Zandt/Gram Parsons

newtorrents is basically good for periodic checking for software/books/movies/pop music... was a good place to grab stuff to up your oink ratio' date=' back in the day[/quote']

Got an invite???