Jambands.ca

Mellencamp Playing AAC Feb 6

Patchoulia

In fall 1987 I spent the night outside, first in line outside of Ticketmaster outlet on Avenue Road (The Symphony Shop?) Waiting for John Mellencamp tickets. He was playing at MLG. We ended up with decent floor seats. Had a great time at the show. I’d see him again, but not at that price. He has written some great songs. I don’t think I’ve listened to him in over 10 years. I don’t think that I own any of his stuff on CD - just vinyl and cassettes.

(The only other person in line with us that night was buying tickets for Roger Waters at Kingswood - the Radio Kaos tour, I think. I wish that I had also gotten tickets for that one, now.)

Hey Al, I remember that ticket outlet! I also saw John Cougar/Mellencamp at MLG but it was in '85 i believe on the "Scarecrow" tour. Great show. Never had much desire to see him after that, but I will still listen to the Scarecrow album. It's really good and politically charged.

cover_scarecrow.jpg

I can make it available if anyone wants to "test" it before "buying" it ;)

Hey Al, I remember that ticket outlet! I also saw John Cougar/Mellencamp at MLG but it was in '85 i believe on the "Scarecrow" tour. Great show. Never had much desire to see him after that, but I will still listen to the Scarecrow album. It's really good and politically charged.

cover_scarecrow.jpg

I can make it available if anyone wants to "test" it before "buying" it ;)

Also so this show Kev.. I had a great time... Though I do agree that the ticket price is a wee bit steep for the performer... This coming from someone that just paid 400 dollars for two concert tickets...