Jambands.ca

Heady job vibes needed please...

PassedOutGuy

Round 2...

This is turning out to be quite the week... just got the call that i will be interviewing at home office again on Tuesday now for the position of assistant category manager for either fiction or non fiction as there are two opennings... hopefully the vibes will send me over the top this time... you all have been so kind in your wishes and support and its been great appreciated... love you all...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bob!

good luck with the interview.

heather is a uber deamon bitch with a heart of stone, but hey, that's just one ex-indigonian's opinion....

get some experience out of the store level and then shop yourself out of that company, really awesome that you are gonna move to a home office though - knock em' dead pog!

Thanks again guys... well the interview was fun and Ive been brought back for a second infront of a panel of several category managers... should be interesting... i was sent home with some homework to with what I need to work on before the second but at least i know im on the short list... oh to get my brain thinking more analytically in the next week!!

Edited by Guest
Cause i cant spell worth sh!t...

• 3 weeks later...

Ok Here goes... Jon you are gonna love this one... Fuck INDIGO!!

So my panel interview was on the Thursday of the snowstorm a couple of weeks ago... I come in from Oshawa on the GoTrain leaving my house at 6:15 am for an 8:30 interview... I arrive at 8:15 and the panel slowly filters in one by one starting at 8:40...

We go through the usual tell me about yourself, your background, experiences etc before getting into some scenario driven questions... all good...

9 AM comes and the lead in the interview stands up saying he has a 9 pm appointment and then a second says the same thing... we had a good rapport (Thank you Mr.M) going the whole time... open conversation, laughing I was feeling pretty good up until being cut off at 9 am...

So another week goes by to which I get a phone call from the category director stating that I did not get the job and couldn't tell me who did as they had not signed on yet... why would he even make that statement? Do I know the person I was up against? Who cares... He then states that the reason I didnt get the job was that my product knowledge wasnt up to par... WHAT???

Ive been with this company in a management role for 6 years and you are telling me I don't know my own product?

Now this is where it gets good... never once in the panel interview did we even discuss product or categories in particular... WTF?

So now being turned down for 2 jobs in 2 months for positions both my GM and regional manager said I would fit greatly into is enough... for all the shit and shitty wage Ive worked for for so long with this company i can't wait to say FU!

Now onto monster i go... cheers to the long weekend ya'll...

Edited by Guest