Jambands.ca

Heady job vibes needed please...

PassedOutGuy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Julia ... appreciate it... Its hard this time of year not to think that way with all the craziness going on in my business... time of year i guess... love the 60 hr work weeks and being paid for 40... oh to be January :)

You said it yourself: This time of year is crazy--for everyone! I'm sure the folks doing the deciding are going just as crazy, even if they're not working retail...

:thumbup:

I once received a letter **nine months** after the interview, telling me that I was not the successful candidate... and no, the letter was not lost in the mail - it had been written three days before I received it. I was like, "Oh, REALLY???? I DIDN'T get the job? I've been in unbearable suspense all of this time!"

The funny thing was that it was an internal job posting for a bilingual position, and I technically didn't apply for it... HR called me and told me that they really, REALLY wanted me to apply, despite my protestations that my French was nowhere good enough for me to be considered bilingual. They were practically begging me. Then, strangely enough, I didn't get the job... but they didn't tell me for nine months.

I just sent off my resume, cover letter, references for a new job within the welding industry.

The position comes with a company car (which I could really use right now), laptop, expense account, etc.

I think I would be perfect for it, but who knows if they'll feel the same way.

About 80% of my time would be traveling throughout Ontario talking welding :)

Can I get in on the HEADY JOB VIBES ? ;)

thank you people!! it worked...

holy crap..same here!

within an hour of my post I received a call regarding the job offer.

60+ grand/yr. plus bonuses, benefits, car, etc.

I'm on cloud nine and the job isn't mine...yet!

goodbye Stanford College :)

edit to add: giv'r POG..we need you back in the T-dot

Edited by Guest

• 5 weeks later...

Well... thanks for all the vibes folks but for the first time for me it didnt work... 5 weeks later and they finally tell me i didnt get the job... apparently I dont know enough of how our or other companies supply chains work... the lingo just wasnt strong enough for them... While the interview did go extremely well they said...

My question is this... how is one to find out how other companies supply chains and inventory carying levels when this is sensitive information?

All in all... thanks!

Hey POG sorry to hear you didn't get the job.

I'm in a new position and am asked all the time now to find out the best practices of other leaders in our industry. The task at first was pretty daunting. Who is going to tell me how their business operates? Who is going to admit to having problems let alone share with me how to overcome them?

I have in fact found out that people love to talk about their industry and share best practices. I have found many blogs that suit my needs and there are actually hundreds of conferences and conventions held annually in North America with a wide variety of industry-related topics.

I have also found that having contacts is most helpful. For example a guy I work with has been in the industry for 20 years and knows everyone. He's letting me tag along to all his site tours and meetings. I get to learn so much and people absolutely love to be the one to teach their trade to newbies.

I'm not sure if this is relavent to your industry or not, but I'd bet some of it is.

Hopefully it will prepare you for next time.