Jambands.ca

RIP Ike Turner

bagochips

I really don't know if she even makes albums anymore but I see a trend here; Her career starts out as Ike & Tina. They break up & she has a very successful solo career....which fizzles out in the 80s. She makes a movie about what a jerk Ike was to jump start her career again....eventually her career fizzles out again.

Now that he's dead I expect a new album in 2008 about her relief at his passing or something like that. She will be a huge star again in the new year.

Dude, older women artists (and male ones too) don't have a long shelf life on the music charts, period. Video killed the aging radio star.

Agreed, but if Oprah gets behind Tina's comeback it will be huge.

It may not work, but I bet some executive somewhere is already planning it.

Tina Turner's Life after Death World Tour 2008. At very least I expect a single.

• 1 month later...
SAN DIEGO -- Rock 'n' roll pioneer Ike Turner's death last month at age 76 was caused by a cocaine overdose, the San Diego County Medical Examiner's office said yesterday.

"We are listing that he abused cocaine, and that's what resulted in the cocaine toxicity," said Paul Parker, chief investigator at the medical examiner's office.

Hypertensive cardiovascular disease and pulmonary emphysema were also listed as "significant and contributing factors" to Turner's death.

Turner, whose musical accomplishments were overshadowed by his image as the man who brutally abused former wife Tina Turner, died Dec. 12 after years of drug abuse.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Showbiz/Music/2008/01/17/4777278-sun.html

Aloha,

Brad

I just saw the comment asking me if I said this about James Brown, too. I don't know that much about the bad stuff he did. I know he had some guns and things, and was a pretty bad guy. I may or may not say the world is better off rid of him. Probably.

I do know that Ike Turner, on the other hand, brutally forcibly raped his wife, and gloated about it. He was known to do it in front of other people, for maximum humiliation. There were stories of him doing it in the recording studio.

I do not wish for Ike Turner to "rest in peace" as this thread is titled. That is my whole point. I stick by it.

Good riddance.