Jambands.ca

Walk Hard vs. The LIfe and Times of Guy Terrifico

MoMack

Walk Hard has received generally good reviews. I'll bet that it has a decent run at the box-office. There's all kinds of similarities between all mockumentaries and there's only so far you can stretch music-based spoofs without falling into similar waters. This Is Spinal Tap was compared to The Rutles etc...

I'll take Hard Core Logo over most music movies not named Once any day.

[color:purple]Hey Jaimoe, have you seen Once yet? You might like it. Apparently there's a soundtrack too.

Yes about Hard Core Logo.

Of course Walk Hard will have a decent run - there's saturation-level promo and people will lap up whatever is out there, especially during holidays. Still looks like a stupid movie to me.

I just watched "Ricky Gervais Meets Christopher Guest" and it was very hilarious. Gervais confesses to ripping off so many subtle comedy ideas from Spinal Tap and Chris G. explains so much about how his humour works with some background info on some of the best Spinal Tap bits.

I just watched "Ricky Gervais Meets Christopher Guest" and it was very hilarious. Gervais confesses to ripping off so many subtle comedy ideas from Spinal Tap and Chris G. explains so much about how his humour works with some background info on some of the best Spinal Tap bits.

Sounds good, where do I find this footage maaan?

Did anyone read the story in Macleans about a Canadian woman who wrote a novel so similar to "knocked up" that she claims they stole her ideas. Jud Aptow the producer of Walk Hard, Knocked UP, 40th Year old Virgin etc... now has such deep pockets it's almost impossible to sue them...

I wouldn't be surprised if their success has been on stealing ideas from all over the place.

Sounds good' date=' where do I find this footage maaan?[/quote']

I would have downloaded the bbc show from Mininova or piratebay. I can only find the Larry David and Garry Shandling episodes at the moment on the torrents, but they are both worth watching as well. Great fucking interviews!

Did anyone read the story in Macleans about a Canadian woman who wrote a novel so similar to "knocked up" that she claims they stole her ideas. Jud Aptow the producer of Walk Hard, Knocked UP, 40th Year old Virgin etc... now has such deep pockets it's almost impossible to sue them...

I wouldn't be surprised if their success has been on stealing ideas from all over the place.

are you telling me that someone actually came up with the concept of a one night stand before knocked up? That's impossible.

http://www.macleans.ca/homepage/magazine/article.jsp?content=20070611_106143_106143

In March 2005, my book, Knocked Up: Confessions of a Hip Mother-to-be, was released in the United States, one year after it was published in Canada. It was reviewed in the Los Angeles Times, and mentioned in numerous American publications, including the New York Daily News, the Chicago Tribune, the Washington Post and the New York Times.