Jambands.ca is pleased to give away tickets to:

LIVE NATION PRESENTS

Matt Costa

WITH SPECIAL GUEST:

JOHNATHAN RICE

Feb. 27, 2008

Phoenix Concert Theater in Toronto

matt_costa.jpg

When MATT COSTA sat down to write what would become Unfamiliar Facesir?t=jambandsca-20&l=as2&o=15&a=B000VDDC, the follow-up to his 2005 debut full-length Songs We Sing, the singer/songwriter took his most treasured belongings and put them on a shelf — then stared at them and just let the memories flow. “That way I could see everything that I loved,” he explains (the collection included his favorite books, a giant wooden pipe, and a box of old 45-speed records from the late 1950s). “I let my imagination wander. Regular life isn’t as exciting as an imaginary life.”

On the strength of the folky, beautiful songs, which displays his gentle artistry and skillful acoustic guitar playing, COSTA earned a rep as an L.A. buzz act, crisscrossed the U.S. in a van, and performed at all the major North American music festivals including Coachella, Lollapalooza, Sasquatch, Bonnaroo, and Austin City Limits among others. Invigorated by onstage collaborations with tour openers like Los Angeles rockers The 88 and Elvis Perkins.

In Toronto, COSTA� has had major success selling out two Opera House shows, appearing at V Fest this summer and supporting a sold out tour with Bedouin Soundclash in anticipation for the release of Unfamiliar Facesir?t=jambandsca-20&l=as2&o=15&a=B000VDDC in January 2008!

google_ad_client = "pub-8241045454770105";

google_ad_width = 250;

google_ad_height = 250;

google_ad_format = "250x250_as";

google_ad_type = "text_image";

google_ad_channel ="9487450232";

google_color_border = "FCFAED";

google_color_bg = "FCFAED";

google_color_link = "003366";

google_color_url = "003366";

google_color_text = "003366";

//-->

Doors - 8:00

Show - 9:00

TICKETS (incl. GST): $18.50; All Ages/ General Admission

Tickets on sale NOW

AVAILABLE AT ALL TICKETMASTER ROTATE THIS and SONIC TEMPLE

OR CALL (416) 870-8000 TO CHARGE BY PHONE. ORDER ON LINE - http://www.ticketmaster.ca

Check Out Matt Costa's Latest Video

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
heard he got his gear ripped off in Winnipeg, anyone know any updates?

It gets worse: according to

http://www.mattcosta.com/

Feb 20' date=' 2008

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick note to let you know that tonight’s show in Madison, WI is canceled due to an unfortunate accident. On the way to Madison, Matt Costa’s van & trailer slid off the road. Piano player, Jacob Sahagen was injured and is currently recovering from minor injuries at a local hospital.[/quote']

But note that

we...have every intention of resuming the tour in Chicago on Friday night [Feb. 22-bradm] at The Double Door.

This makes me think/hope that the Toronto show on Feb. 27 will still be on.

Aloha,

Brad