Jambands.ca

Austin Trip

Basher

I will be heading to Austin TX week after next for work. I know at least a couple skanks have visited Austin, so any suggestions on "must dos" would be appreciated. I'll be there for a week, and should have at least a few evenings free to explore.

Looking forward to getting out of the cold for a week.

i was there for a christmas party, this is what i remember:

there's a bar there with a glass floor and sharks underneath... the name escapes me, but should be easy to find (off 6th st).

also the 'bat bridge' is home to millions of bats, and is apparently quite a sight to see, if the bats are out/flying/migrating (on S Congress).

sixth street is the main drag, where the college kids party. if i recall south congress is a more mature strip, with lots of patios and funky stores. both neighbourhoods are fun! sixth street is closed to vehicles on weekend evenings, and the street is patrolled by mounted police. kinda like mardi gras is suppose.

the state capitol is a remarkable building. check it out!

Two men in my office aged 31 & 49 who have both lived & visited there swear that there are no women in Texas that are not good looking.

I find that impossible to believe but maybe you can give us the scoop.

I can't believe that statement. I watched a documentary a few weeks ago about Austin being the fattest city on Earth. More than 80% of the population is obese. Because the obese are in the company of more obese, there is no encouragement to loose weight and fat is in.

You'll likely get supersize portions wherever you eat in Austin. That's their norm, from what this program showed. Supersize and BBQ.

Have fun, enjoy your trip Basher!

I will be heading to Austin TX week after next for work. I know at least a couple skanks have visited Austin, so any suggestions on "must dos" would be appreciated. I'll be there for a week, and should have at least a few evenings free to explore.

Looking forward to getting out of the cold for a week.

Go visit my Sister... she's a freshman in College!!!