Jambands.ca

NHL Allstar Game opening...

Jaimoe

Guest Low Roller

I watched the "slam dunk" breakaway contest on YouTube... Sorry, nice try NHL but no donuts.

The arena looked dark, the goalies looked confused, the camerawork was a poor attempt at recreating EA NHL 2008, and the judging was completely random.

This is the kind of shit you try out in the AHL first to see what works and what doesn't before you bring it out on a national scale to try and penetrate the US market.

In fact I bet that the NHL lost potential new US fans.

And the spin from the network announcers was almost all positive (not including Nick Kypreos, who hated it all). The NHL has to stop trying to use the all-star game as a vehicle to sell the game.

I agree. It is so far from the real game. Leave it the host city to enjoy and for the players to have a break or meet players they normally don't have time too. I'm sure that the skills competition may be a little better live but for TV it just doesn't come through.

I do enjoy the hardest shot and fastest skater competitions myself.

Says the same guy that left me a "DID YOU SEE THAT? I HOPE YOU'RE WATCHING THIS!" phone message during the skills competition.

Way to leave out the context. We shat our pants because MattyC called Ovechkins move. Thats the only reason I phoned. The skills competition sucked major ass.

No more phone calls for you. I am deleting your number and am inches away from deleting your email address as well.

Did anyone else think that Ms. Edwards performance was the embarrasing/ puke part of the weekend?

She seemed uncomfortable with the french section and lost it for a bit but she finished ok. I'll take her representing my country over children of the corn anyday.

I enjoyed the All Star game. More than most regular season games to tell the truth.