Jambands.ca

home cleaning products -enviromentally sound

MoMack

Any body got any good tips.

We use the orange scented spray, citrasolve - and we've used simplyclean and another, natures clean or something.

Anyways, bottom line is the simply and nature don't cut it and the orange stuff works for somethings but we need more....

somebody out there has a plan, I know it!

Lemon juice, or vinegar.

Diesel fuel is fairly environmentally sound. The smell is a little too much at first but once you get used to it you're laughing. Joking obviously. I used to work with a guy about a decade ago that cleaned all of his heavy equipment with a water/diesel combo. Needless to say we didn't get along very well and the job was very short lived.

I find lemon juice works just as good as vinegar and has a nicer scent.

The lemon juice might be a good idea - wonder if it would work with the vinegar just to get rid of the smell.

I have a feeling that some of our complaints aren't due to the actual effectiveness of the natural cleaners, but due to the fact that we aren't left with that "clean" scent thats been driven into our skulls since birth...

to the fact that we aren't left with that "clean" scent thats been driven into our skulls since birth...

this is a big issue for me too... i LOVE the smell of pine-sol.. sometimes i heat up some eucalyptus oil and it helps... or a mixture of tea tree and lemon oil and i get that 'okay, it's clean' feeling.

I don't know the brand names we use, but I buy all our cleaning supplies (including laundry detergent and fabric softener) at our local organic grocery store, The Big Carrot, or at the organic store Grassroots: http://www.grassrootsstore.com/.

We also use beeswax candles too, which last far longer than normal candles and aren't made from chicken-fat.

I don't know the brand names we use, but I buy all our cleaning supplies (including laundry detergent and fabric softener) at our local organic grocery store, The Big Carrot, or at the organic store Grassroots: http://www.grassrootsstore.com/.

We also use beeswax candles too, which last far longer than normal candles and aren't made from chicken-fat.

Chicken Butter?

I have a feeling that some of our complaints aren't due to the actual effectiveness of the natural cleaners, but due to the fact that we aren't left with that "clean" scent thats been driven into our skulls since birth...

MoMoack, are you using this in a commercial setting? Are the complaints you speak of from customers?

If so I may have some advise for you. Our company just switched to an environmentally friendly line of products in 2007 called Eco Gent. Both our employees that use it and our customers like it. Not one complaint in almost 8 months of use.

I'll check out the links...

but no, not commercial - just our home. And the complaints are from the better half...

I've spent many years training my mind and body to not recognize whether a room is clean or dirty unless a) in a public washroom or B) paying less than $1/hour for the hotel...