Jambands.ca

Grammy's

phishtaper

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw about 3 minutes of it but holy fack who was that guy trying to act like an alien rapper?

his sunglasses that were lit up, horizontal lit up shit on his jacket, with two 'aliens' in behind him inside some sort of podlike structure?

that was awful, he couldn't sing worth shite. actually it was [unintentionally] funny so i suppose i was entertained

with two 'aliens' in behind him inside some sort of podlike structure?

The 'aliens' were Daft Punk (or fill-ins creating the impression that they were Daft Punk, who wrote the instrumental parts of the song and toured with the pyramid for the past year.)

Daft_Punk.jpg

that Brad Paisley song - shitty lyrics about looking for ticks or something, but that guy can play the guitar, holy fack.

some newspaper wrote today about how springsteen got as many awards as kanye but wasn't mentioned even once during the telecast.

missed feist's performance, but thought winehouse's was really strong. first time i'd heard her.

foo fighters were awesome. that country chick was some good lookin'

I just don’t get Feist. I thought her performance was just awful. I’ve only her part of the song on the ipod commercial. But I found it hard to listen to. My wife thought it was painful as well - sounded like she was singing off-key.

First time I heard Feist several years ago I thought she sounded interesting. Now she just bugs me. I don’t get all the hype at all. I see no special talent there whatsoever. I also think that she’s just full of herself. When she took down her website a few years ago cause it was too corporate or something I found it really cheesy. But it sure did get her press.

(Ducking...)

Kanye was gold when they started playing music to get him to shut up and stop telling everyone why the song of the year is his award ("listen Common, that was a great album but you just don't drop in the same year as me- this is my award"), so he says "oh classy, you are going to lay music over me", then he went on to a tribute statement to his mom at which point he says "it would be in good taste to stop the music now".

He is a dick, but a funny full fledged one and I thought it was great. The only great moment maybe, the rest was facking terrible. That Beatles mess was a disaster........

strange that they performed the ike/tina version of proud mary with fogerty sitting 20 feet away and they didn't even acknowledge him.

They did cut to him in the audience immediately after the song ended. Might have been awkard to have the 3 of them up there doing that number. ;)

I thought it was curious timing to have Tina back at the Grammy's in the wake of Ike's passing. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it looked like she was dancing on his grave.

Nice to see Hilly Kristal get a spot in the dead people roll call.

Oh and Tinas performace highlighted one thing that is really wrong with our society. Hasn't she paid her dues enough to not have to dress up in some tiny little revealing outfit (as in revealing the 30 pounds of jowels beneath and behind her arms), oh and wear fake nipples????

WTF seriously, either that or her botoxed scream face have got to raise some eyebrows non?

Who looked the most surprised at hearing their name announced as a winner, Amy Winehouse or Herbie Hancock? Amy didn't look like she believed it at first (no obvious jokes, please).

I love the Kanye-size ego that Herbie grew between the time his name was announced and the time he hit the stage. And how the camera went to a wideshot to make sure we saw Qunicy Jones grovelling around on the floor for Hancock's dropped speech. It's the little things.