Jambands.ca

Grammy's

phishtaper

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don’t get Feist. I thought her performance was just awful. I’ve only her part of the song on the ipod commercial. But I found it hard to listen to. My wife thought it was painful as well - sounded like she was singing off-key.

First time I heard Feist several years ago I thought she sounded interesting. Now she just bugs me. I don’t get all the hype at all. I see no special talent there whatsoever. I also think that she’s just full of herself. When she took down her website a few years ago cause it was too corporate or something I found it really cheesy. But it sure did get her press.

why is big wooly mammoth complaining about Feist's performance? It's so refreshing to see a real live acoustic performance with a full brass section. Also, she's not off key at all here.

Does everyone know that Feist didn't write that song, but rather Sally Steltman aka New Buffalo did, and offered it to Feist on tour they were doing together. Apparently its been rewritten slightly, but that the song is essentially a cover.

I didn't know that until Saturdays Globe and Mail who licked Leslies ass clean with their love.

S

why is big wooly mammoth complaining about Feist's performance? It's so refreshing to see a real live acoustic performance with a full brass section. Also, she's not off key at all here.

Hey, it may have a been a good performance for Miss Feist. Like I said, I just don't get her or the hype. Regardless of who wrote that particular song, I see nothing special in it. A real live acoustic performance of a crappy song sung by a chick with a crappy voice might be refreshing, but is still crappy. (what the fuck is that whining thing she does by the way?)this is all just my opinion and YMMV. obviously lots of people and critics just love her. I honestly find found that performance hard to listen to. And my musical tastes are quite varied.

(re the off key comment. I'm tone deaf, so can't tell you if something is on or off key. since it's her tune, I'm guessing that she was on key. that was my wife's comment. she says the same thing about Donna (i.e. in her current incarnation with the Tricksters))

I have overheard a couple of conversations in my office today that focused on her "ipod song" and the fact that she is "acousticy" and "better than Avril Lavigne".

Oh man I love my cubicle...........

better than Avril Lavigne?!? I'd actually disagree with that! I bought Avril tix for my daughter (Scotiabank Place in April). My wife and I are gonna have to fight it out to see who takes her. :)

better than Avril Lavigne?!? I'd actually disagree with that!

are you being serious?

have you listened to anything feist has performed other than the 'ipod song?'

to each his own' date=' but that seems a bit extreme.

[/quote']

i was being half serious. i have heard more Feist besides just 1234. she's just not my cuppa. my 9 yr old daughter listens to Avril and I don't mind it (not that I'd put it on myself). It's certainly better than Hanah Montana.

I'm not denying that Feist has some talent. I just don't see it. that's my opinion and i'm sticking to it. but you know what they say about opinions. and what's this crap about not using your first name?!?

I agree, but it does suck for her if she becomes know only for that.

I doubt that would happen. I remember hearing Mushaboom in a cologne or perfume commercial long before the "ipod song". I think she's wonderful and will continue to create great music long after the commercial success dies.

I generally like Feist. I'm quite proud of her being 32 and still having chart and video success in a shallow, youth/tart-driven market - and doing so on her own terms, Apple included. Her previous album, Let It Die, is her best because it doesn't suffer from the occasionally annoying whimsical R&B qualities and self-aware vocal style of her latest, The Reminder. All the gals in BSS are unbelievably talented, arguably moreso than the male core members.