Jambands.ca

NHL Playoffs 2008

badams

Guest Low Roller
Turns out Zdeno Chara played the series with a torn shoulder labrum.

It's an injury, Mitch Melnick pointed out today, that would end a baseball pitcher's career.

Hockey players are made of sterner stuff.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turns out Zdeno Chara played the series with a torn shoulder labrum.

It's an injury' date=' Mitch Melnick pointed out today, that would end a baseball pitcher's career.

Hockey players are made of sterner stuff.[/quote']

good thing zdeno isnt out there swingin' his arm like a baseball pitcher would. he'd probably hurt a lot of people. and likely be suspended forever.

Tonight' date=' my gut is saying Philly breaks the hearts of the Cap's unfaithful. 3-2. No overtime.[/quote']

Good call on the score Hal.

:)

Shitty loss for the Caps though. Cant believe they allowed Philly's second goal.

Watch out for Washington next year. Those kids are good.

Edited by Guest

Agreed ... that second goal by Philly should have been reviewed. There was only one replay that made it look like the player was even close to the puck prior to getting thrown into the goalie. I loved how the panel on TSN all started to waffle and change their minds after .

Washington is a really fun team to watch. This will be a great experience for them (much like Pittsburgh last year) to grow from for next year. Look out.

I think the goal was OK. The Washington player was near the puck once he was hit by the Flyer. The hit also took place on the white ice, not the crease.

If anything they could have called incidental contact and blew the play dead. They didn't and the goal stands.

I'm sure the NHL will review the situation and hopefully clearify it in the future...

or maybe not :)

I think the goal was ok too. But the refereeing was horrendous, they put the whistles away in the 3rd then made that call on Poti in OT?

I think that call was a make-up call for when Kappanen was tripped and no whistle was blown.

Oh, and JR certainly does still rule.

Edited by Guest

I think the goal was ok too. But the refereeing was horrendous, they put the whistles away in the 3rd then made that call on Poti in OT?

That was puzzling. It was defenitely a trip but they had let some similar plays go earlier. Why call it then?

Oh those wild n' crazy refs!!!

Last night was a painful night in sports for myself. (but I thought the Caps/Philly game was amazing)

We went from a potential...

Habs vs Rangers

Pens vs Caps

Wings vs Flames

Avs vs Stars

to....

Habs vs Flyers

Pens vs Rangers

Wings vs Avs

Sharks vs Stars

Good for the Habs but I liked the other match ups so much more. You're not going to catch me staying up to watch any of the Sharks vs Stars.

To top it all off I channel flipped my way through a fucking crushing Raptors loss then Pheonix goes down.

Every team I was pulling for went down - thankfully I was hammered.

PS I've always fucking hated JR

Good for the Habs but I liked the other match ups so much more. You're not going to catch me staying up to watch any of the Sharks vs Stars.

I feel the same way. We were thisclose to getting much better matchups in the East (from a neutral perspective).

I liked the potential matchups in the West a lot more as well. I could have watched Avs vs Stars and would have loved to seen the Wings vs Flames not even to have a Canadian team in it (which would have been awesome) but just for the conflicting styles. Wings vs Avs is still going to be interesting.

I'll take the other side just for shits and giggles.

Pens - Rangers will be epic. How will the kids react to Avery? Gomez, Jagr, Drury, Lusquist to compiment Crosby, Malkin, Sykora Fleury? Good stuff indeed.

Habs - Philly - Home games for each team are gonna be insane. Tons of history.

Wings - Avs - is this 1996 or what?! Awesome!!!

Stars - Sharks - probably will go 7 with lots of blood.

Bring it!

Pens - Rangers will be epic.

Exactly. The two best teams (not on paper) in the East. What's not to like?

The idea of Ovechkin vs Crosby is really sexy but I am sure most are going to be surprised by this series. The Rangers came into their own in the last quarter of the season after having huge issues at the start. The team has gelled and are my favorite to advance to the Finals, hence my reaction earlier this week of not wanting to face them.