Jambands.ca

Black Crowes @ Massey Hall July 12

Kanada Kev

I had heard from reliable sources that Marc Ford quit the Black Crowes, and in fact, sent his publicist (yes, he has his own) to approach the Black Crowes management and politely explain that Marc could no longer remain in the band due to the drug use within the Crowes circle. Apparently it was mid-tour, and the day of or before a show.

Hope those who wanted good seats got them. Seemed as though centre floors were completely gone when tickets went on sale.

• 1 month later...

this is the shit that makes me fucking hate Massey Hall and all the "friends" they have. This happened to me last time where, 5 seconds after going on sale, best I could get were gallery. Then, less than 2 weeks before the show I got 14th row, floor, centre and managed to sell the other ones.

WHAT THE FUCK!?

fuck you ticketmaster

fuck you friends of massey hall

fuck you the person who thought this up.

Give the REAL fans the good goddamn tickets that we so desperately want and stop holding out for every asshole "friend" to decide some 1 1/2 weeks before the show that they aren't going to buy some of the BEST seats that have been held for them.

Is this how it works? Am I losing my mind?

why the fuck would you hold some of the best seats this long? This is what the pre-sale for friends is for, if they haven't bought whats availale up, let the rest of us get them.

FUCK YOU MASSEY HALL, you suck.

Edited by Guest

^^^^^^^

it ain't just Massey Hall buddy. All events have chunks of killer promoters tix/band tix/etc held. Often those are released a couple of weeks, a couple of days, or a couple of hours before the show. This is NOTHING new.

As for being a "Friend" ... membership has it's privileges. I ponied up and spent the 80 clams for it. It's paid off already. I've also been willing to help people out who don't have a membership get tickets as well .... and NOT CHARGE for it.

There are ways "real fans" can work together to maximize the effectiveness of beating the "system" :)

ticketmaster has just released sixth row floors

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't going to go because I couldn't get a decent seat but on saturday afternoon today I just scored:

section RCF, row F, seat 33

Seems like a great place to tape from even though I don't think I'll be able to raise my mic stand very high because of being so centered and up close.

Edited by Guest

You know deranger, as a "real fan", I wonder why you didn't score killer seats from the Black Crowes fan presale?

thanks, I tried but was too late. But really, should I have to? Assuming the fan pre-sale wasn't every good seat available at the venue, why should I be forced to buy shit seats when there are clearly good ones available, but being withheld?

I think Luther plays with soul, but Ford's a more powerful lead soloist.

Agreed. I actually enjoyed the Black Crowes gig I saw with Luther earlier this year in Upstate New York. It was not as good as the Crowes with Marc Ford though it was better than the Crowes with Audley Freed.

That said the gig was good enough to make me want to see them again at Massey Hall and I might possibly go out of my way to see them again this year.

Peace,

Tim