Jambands.ca

Radiohead Tour 2008

Guest Low Roller

From our vantage point about halfway back on stage right there was very little mud, only dirt so no one got messy at all (in more ways than one!). I was pleasantly surprised at how much of the music was familiar to me having not really listened to much Radiohead since the OK Computer days. A nice treat was having a full NB crew right in front of us including Adam, Nola and Graeme.

I loved the use of split screens on the large video monitors, and the light show was one that was quite unique.

All in all a great time was had by our travelling crew (Yours Truly, gentlemonkey, my girlfriend and yours truly.....). Thanks Live 88.5 for the tix!

S

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"For a minute there, I lost myself, I lost myself........."

Hearing thousands of people singing that was totally rad. Our crew was soaked to the bone (especially our crew inside of the larger crew). Most show reports suggested the band started around 9 finishing around 11. For whatever reason, me basically, we got there damn early at 6pm. Ticket time suggest 7. Too many beers and a torrential downpour destroyed the logical section of my brain and I couldnt understand why Radiohead had moved their drums and bass to the side when the music started. I also couldnt figure out what the new song was and why they sounded so different. "Why the hell is Thom singing like that? Is it even him?"

Ooooooooooh yeah. That aint Radiohead. But I did enjoy them.

Blah blah blah, too many beers and then showtime. That left me even more confused come the firework display. At first I was sure Radiohead were doing that but as AD said above, it went on far too long and was far too loud to be the band's decision.

As always, I loved seeing Radiohead live again. My personal highlight had to be House Of Cards. That was gorgeous. After watching many of these songs for the first time back in 2006, it was truly inspiring to hear how much they have grown in the 2 years since but you can include me in the group of folks that arent sold on Bangers N Mash. I'm sure I would feel the same way if that plate were in front of me.

Great time, great friends to hang out with and get sloppy in more ways than one. We made a dart for the Metro once the end part of EIIRP started going which I am going to assume was a very wise decsion. 35,000 people were at that concert and I am sure the bulk travelled the same way we did.

Oh and that fucking light show is goddamn gorgeous. One of the best presentations these eyes have ever witnessed at a concert. I got a couple of decent pics that I will upload later.

We waited till the end of EIIRP at the back end of the concert area and made the dash for the subway and got on the first set of cars out of there that were surprisingly not packed- but I did get a nasty bruise jamming my arm in the door so that Nina wasn't stranded without us. In the car, on the road and home by 1:50 due to missing the detour to get onto the 720. I think from your post Booche that our schwarma/ cheap beer stop at Fou Fou was a great idea. We arrived dry, stayed dry and left pretty well the same way........

Thanks for posting the above pics, nice ones!

My personal highlight had to be House Of Cards. That was gorgeous.

one of the worst songs they've written, IMO. not as bad as bangers and mash

sweet pics above, there.

we stayed until the end of EIRP, got on one of the first trains out without any problems, and were back at my friend's place on st-joseph at 11:20. back in ottawa around 2. tough morning at work though.

Like a LED Baloon

So glad to finally see Radiohead live.

I could have gone without the popular tracks, as I feel that band really shine when their flow and mood are at the forefront rather than people singing along. I was happy to notice the crowd singing along from time to time though.

Although it's not the set I was hoping for I have nothing to grumble about, as it was stellar from start to finish.

I wasn't impressed with the crowd being less than obliging when I was trying to get to the soundboard to grab a spot, but I can only have compassion for those without.

I was hoping to get a Blowout, but I don't know if they even play that song anymore. I was half expecting to hear it about halfway through to bridge a few new songs with some songs from the bends or my iron lung.

I am glad we didn't get a creep.

I was suprised it wasn't more of an album tour show.

Anyhow, I'm glad to have gone. Perhaps I'll get to see them in a more intimite venue with more of an intimite focus with a more serious mood. I really did like the setlist, but can't expect much more until I start seeing them over and over.

Perhaps I'll be in a position to see them again...

Until then I'll be listening to the album. $10 at the merch tent.

My personal highlight had to be House Of Cards. That was gorgeous.

one of the worst songs they've written' date=' IMO. not as bad as bangers and mash

[/quote']

Surprised to read this. one of my faves on the new album. Maybe it's just appealing to the greenie in me.

Guest Low Roller

I was hoping to get a Blowout, but I don't know if they even play that song anymore. I was half expecting to hear it about halfway through to bridge a few new songs with some songs from the bends or my iron lung.

I am glad we didn't get a creep.

I was suprised it wasn't more of an album tour show.

Blowout would be a cool song for them to play, but sadly they never play any songs from Pablo Honey anymore despite bragging about their ability to vary their setlist by choosing songs from 8 albums.

I don't get your comment about the show not being an album tour. They played all of In Rainbows:

1. 15 Step

4. All I Need

6. Nude

7. Weird Fishes

11. Reckoner

13. Jigsaw Falling Into Place

17. Bodysnatchers

18. Faust Arp

19. Videotape

21. Bangers n' Mash

24. House of Cards

New Rider, you would have been proud. We drank in this spot for hours before Radiohead came on. Fuck going to the front, which we could have easily done, but we had a mother fackin' beer tent!

Psst......its on your direct left.......

1f7526db5d.jpg

So this is kinda what Radiohead looked like to us. But the sound? Dont ask me how a band can be that large with just their fronts. It was huge.

20fb41e99b.jpg

I moved closer for a few shots but it was crowdidly muddy and I was pissedfuckingdrunk while stonedoffmyass, not too mention how jammed we all were. There was no way I was getting closer without an ensuing problem.

4f3a27134e.jpg

After I took a few of those shots I asked myself:

"Self, what the fuck are you doing taking black and white shots?"

So I took this next one, jacked-off in 30 seconds during My Iron Lung and shot a couple more before heading back for the rest of the show. It was early and I blew my load just to get it over with.

Why fight it?

45457edeb7.jpg

99cdda67c1.jpg

And then we got back to the hotel. It got crazy man but suffice to say, the best piece of advice I will EVER give you is simple:

75266f263c.jpg

f2aa00222c.jpg

2a97d1ddf1.jpg

b158820196.jpg

f66b9414f0.jpg

Edited by Guest
My pics depicted the wrong timeline.