Jambands.ca

G. Love & Special Sauce with John Butler Trio - Aug. 9th in Toronto

Basher

A couple of months ago Butler snipped his dreads. Had to find a pic:

630johnbutler.jpg

Yes I finally cut them and it feels great! Been thinking about it for awhile and just had to do it. Although I like dreadlocks, they just weren’t what I was feeling anymore and I needed a change

I've never seen G Love but I've heard some here and there. I'm a little bit surprised that its JBT that is opening the show though, maybe it's just me. I guess I'm a bit biased. I'll be there either way. 2 great bands for sure.

^^^^

in that case, it should be a "double bill". Equal time for both. An abbreviated JBT show, while still great, will be a little bit of a let down. With the growing turnout at each of his shows here in Toronto, he could easily be headlining his own gig at that venue.

the only time I saw G Love was when he opened for DMB at the Masonic Temple in Toronto. At the time I was underimpressed, but I'm willing to give it another shot.

A couple of months ago Butler snipped his dreads. Had to find a pic:

630johnbutler.jpg

Yes I finally cut them and it feels great! Been thinking about it for awhile and just had to do it. Although I like dreadlocks, they just weren’t what I was feeling anymore and I needed a change

looks to me like he just cut them into shorter dreads!

• 1 month later...

I don't give a rat's ass why he's here or who's opening for whom...I am happy to see JBT, but I *love* G.Love & Special Sauce...perchance I've happened upon some good shows or maybe I just dig a hot guy with a hot groove. Regardless: I'm going to have a fucking great time. Woot woot!