Jambands.ca

BJ Ryan is done.

Schwa.

Sorry Blue Jay fans, this deserves its own thread. I've watched this guy walk the bases loaded 3 times now this year. His location was absolute shit.

Here's hoping the Jays cut the cord at the end of the season and trade this guy. Amazing he even has the number of saves he has.

Fail.

I don't know Cully. Everything he's doing is wrong. Needs a serious retooling of his mechanics....and he isn't throwing his wicked slider at all. infact i haven't seen it all year, most likely as a result of the TJ surgery. That was the nail in the coffin pitch for him as a lefty. Now he's throwing fat-as-fuck curves and everything outside to every righty that comes to the plate...and not just for one or two save ops., every single time....and take a few seconds between pitches for Christ sakes!!!

They were biggin' him up on 590 tonight. Only blown 3 saves, 1 strikout per inning, etc...makes me wonder if he just needs time to get into form...let's face it, the Jays can afford to wait a season. I had high hopes for the guy coming back early from surgery, but it was too soon to be the hero we wanted. I say one more year, if I'm wrong , and he's just lost it, bye bye. But he could be the Tom Henke of the 21st Century for us....

Any mention of his walk count LXQ? 20 walks in 38 innings for a closer? poop.

Compare that to 29 walks in 175 innings for Halladay.

I stand by my NO CONTROL argument, but as a fan i still hope he turns it around because they ain't gonna trade him.

• 1 month later...

he wasn't that sharp last night in my opinion. funny you should bump it Momack cuz i was just going to do the same thing :) there always seems to be a scare when Ryan comes in...hell he brought the tying run to the plate himself and had to fight from a 3-1 count to strike out that tying run.

Downs sure did suck it up though. fatties right across the plate the whole time.

Ryan was not good with the first batter when he hit him and was ahead on the count. Rolen should have had the ball that went through his legs too.

I don't know what the Jays are going to do with Ryan come next year. I wonder if they would have released and/or traded him this season if Accardo was healthy.