Jambands.ca

No parole for Chapman!!! YAAAY....

NewRider

Let me take the dramatically unpopular stance here.

Is it normal for a person to be jailed for 27 years for murder? If not, is it right that this person is treated differently because his victim was famous? Are all people supposedly equal in the eyes of the law? Even victims?

Just like I think it would be unfair for a person to get off earlier than he should for a crime committed, I think people should be released in accordance to their crime.

I hope we can all still be friends.

I think people should be released in accordance to their crime.

I think people should be paroled in accordance with their ability to function as productive, non-threatening members of society, and the parole board feels that Chapman wouldn't be such.

Aloha,

Brad

fuck... he KILLED somebody. he shouldn't ever be free and neither should anyone else that planned and killed someone. either kill them and save the money, or lock them up together on an island and start a reality show.

yes, 27 years is normal. why others with the same crime are getting out, I don't know...but they shouldn't be.

(pretend you're nutz first) and Imagine knowing that if you finally knocked of that person that you've always wanted to knock off, you would be out of prison in 20 years. That would make it much easier to pull the trigger.

Chapman is safer in prison.

I think this is the main thing for me...and who's to say Chapman doesn't realize it too,and extends his term consciously.27 years is a long time to leave the world.

I agree with Velvet too.I don't think Chapman's act was anymore particularly "heinous" then any number of other murders, and he has fairly done the time the majority of society deems a suitable punishment for similiar crimes.

I guess what I'm saying is that Chapman shouldn't get any more time than a person would if they successfully planned and murdered my mom. Now, we can argue that if someone kills my mom they should be in jail for 27 years or more and I might agree, but that's not the reality.