Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2009 Montreal Canadiens Playoffs – Round 1

Tickets on sale Saturday, April 11 at 10 :00 a.m.

Internet purchase only

Purchase limit: maximum 2 tickets per person for all games combined

The purchase links will be posted Saturday at 9 :30 a.m.

Games on sale:

Round 1 Home Game 1 (date to be confirmed)

Round 1 Home Game 2 (date to be confirmed)

Round 1 Home Game 3 – if necessary (date to be confirmed)

Two purchasing options will be available:

Ticket only – Ticket price listing

Ultimate Fan Pack – details

Reports suggest (didnt see the game) that Price let in a couple of softies.........again, as he has been doing almost every game since the All-Star break. This could be a VERY quick exit for Les Brahs unless he turns it around.

Did you get to see the highlights?? Reports I read was that the Habs played like crap against Pittsburgh, except for some brilliant HON saves by Price... I have seen the highlights...

FHF: "So let's just pretend last night never happened. Except TFS, who was really into it."

HIO: "Goalie Price kept it close – for awhile"

You just keep hatin on Carey there you Price hater...

Edited by Guest

You need to take some reading comprehension classes.

And I must not be the only Price hater (actually, you should refer to us as Price Realists Who Call It Like They See It).

It's not about hating on him you dumbcunt. But go ahead, keep on defending him at all costs while I keep sporting the truth.

I could keep going but I dont need to. My point is made and I am right compared to your opinion. Again.

Here's a quick sampling:

I didn't think the rebound control was great and I also thought he let in some very weak goals, but at the end of the day he was pretty good the rest of the time. In fact, he made a few incredible saves which actually makes me think he may be getting a little more confident.
Price was named first star despite giving up two fat rebounds on the sequence that produced Malkin's goal and yielding yet another long-distance softie to Kris Letang for the Penguins' third.
Brooks Orpik was still in the penalty box at 10:41when Kris Letang made it 3-1, beating Price to the short side with a shot from the left point. It was a shot Price should have stopped.

The same could be said for the Penguins’ first goal at 1:09 of the first period. Price made the initial save on Sergei Gonchar’s shot from inside the blueline but he was unable to control the rebound and Evgeni Malkin, the NHL’s leading scorer, banged it home for his 35th goal and his 113th point of the season.

As I suggested a few posts above (I am looking directly at you MrBigTime), Mike Boone has given his analysis of the upcoming series. Here's the portion involving the goalers:

Their best chance is the series opener tomorrow night. Pop an early one past Tim Thomas and let the mind games begin.

Much has been made of Thomas's supposed fragility in games against the Canadiens. The Boston goaltender was not at the top of his form last Thursday.

Different week, different circumstances and, I fear, a different Tim Thomas.

At the other end of the ice, Carey Price has to be a combination of Ken Dryden, Patrick Roy and circa 2002 José Theodore for the Canadiens to have the remotest chance.

Just as an early goal against Thomas will get the Bruins goaltender thinking, a softie allowed by Price would deflate the Canadiens.

And we've seen some glove-side mushballs this season. Price has alternated between Jacques Plante and André Racicot from game to game, from period to period, from shot to shot. He has to be consistent in this series – consistently brilliant.