Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ollie' date=' did you not state as a fact that the Sens were a better team.

Yes. You did. I didnt use that as a springboard for excuses. It was an opportunity for me to show you the facts you were overlooking.

Seriously, I cant believe you can be this mentally challenged yet stay employed at something other than watering plants in Gov't buildings.[/quote']

Right now they are a better team. I wouldn't have mentioned that if badams had taken his lumps like a man and not brought up the Sens.

The facts are that every team suffer injuries at this time of year. It's not a situation unique to Montreal. Ottawa was missing Alfredsson, Fisher and Kelly at playoff time last year. Is that a valid excuse for losing that series?

How the fuck are they a better team?

They have been golfing for over a week and didn't even give themselves a chance to win the Cup.

Besides the Habs-Sens comparison being completely irrelevant and idiotic, if there's one thing the Rich Stadium Habs fans have repeated over and over throughout the years it's this - At the end of the season there's 1 winner and 29 losers, all on equal footing.

I agree 100%

I hate all your favorite stupid teams and realize mine sucks. But come on ollie it is every teams goal to win the stanley cup. You have to make the playoffs to have a chance to win it and the habs gave them selves a chance. [color:purple]The leafs are better than the sens and habs and that is a fact!

Holy shit, how are dense are you fuckwads?

I admit the Habs were the better team OVER THE COURSE OF THE SEASON, THUS QUALIFYING FOR THE PLAYOFFS.

But my comment had nothing to do with winning the Stanley Cup. It was about which is the better team at the moment, or in the Sens case as of the last day of the season.

Of course you actually have to be capable of abstract thinking to get the point so I'm not surprised you don't.

Ollie, just buy your ticket to the land of MakeShitUp and watch the series for yourself.

Sens in 7 (of course they've got the home ice advantage because all of the citizens of the land of MakeShitUp are die-hard Sens fans).

But I do disagree with Dave-O's comment about the debate on Sens or Habs being irrelevant and idiotic. It's a discussion board, hypothetical situations get discussed constantly. There's enough info out there to at least form an opinion and give a reasonable explanation as to why you feel that way.

I also disagree with...

if there's one thing the Rich Stadium Habs fans have repeated over and over throughout the years it's this - At the end of the season there's 1 winner and 29 losers, all on equal footing.

But only because I really don't remember it being repeated "over and over" and Rich Stadium hasn't really been around that long. He's bang on about being 1 winner....a wry and deep obversation about how a sports championship work....I'll have to ponder it further.

And yes, I'm desperately trying to kill a slow day at the office. Thanks for the fun guys.

Don't you people all have jobs that require your attention? What the hell? ;)

Do a bit of work... get frustrated by the incompetency of my co-workers... scan Rich Stadium... get frustrated by the incompetency of my co-skanks... do a bit of work...

But my comment had nothing to do with winning the Stanley Cup. It was about which is the better team at the moment, or in the Sens case as of the last day of the season.

Of course you actually have to be capable of abstract thinking to get the point so I'm not surprised you don't.

Just to keep things lively...

Montreal finished the season on a 5-3-2 run.

Ottawa finsihed the season on a 4-5-1 run.

Montreal is still better ;)

I think Booche may have been using the land of MakeShitUp reference as a launching point for his use of the word abstract as defined by being considered apart from concrete existence in his posts and then continued the use for his comedic flow. At least that's how I analyse it.