Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

So the topic now shifts to the UFAs and RFAs that the Habs will need to contend with over the summer.

Here is a checklist for people to follow:

UFAs

1- Alex Kovalev

2- Saku Koivu

3- Alex Tanguay

4- Mathieu Schneider

5- Mike Komisarek

6- Patrice Brisebois

7- Francis Bouillon

8- Marc Denis

9- Robert Lang

10- Tom Kostopoulos

11- Mathieu Dandenault

RFAs

1- Chris Higgins *

2- Tomas Plekanec *

3- Guillaume Latendresse

4- Kyle Chipchura

5- Matt D'Agostini

6- Greg Stewart

* Allowed arbitration

Not to mention a gaggle of players in the AHL. The team will definitely look drastically different next year...

no matter what you say or post' date=' playing 2 home games in the playoffs, win or lose, makes a barrel of money for the organization and is infinitely better than missing the playoffs.[/quote']

wow, that must make quebec feel so much better today! way to brighten things up!

That's the Montreal championship spirit from the fans of the most respected franchise in hockey that I've come to expect.....good on ya' punkie.

I suggest if you feel those two playoff losses didn't fill the coffers and they need more 'barrels of money' look no further than Las Vegas where Celine is chilling.

I wasn't trying to make myself or Quebec feel better....I was just trying to make you insulting bastards feel worse. ;)

My comments are not directed to the very civil Freak By Night.

:)

Edited by Guest

HA! The mistakes ARE mounting@! How can Gainey look intothe mirror in the morning knowing that he ahs completely screwed up giving up RIbeiro, Streit, Ryder, Beauchemin, and Zednik and putting all his money into Price, Kisttitsyn, plekanex and Latendreese. He has done so much damage to this team how can he stay? Don't worry everyone soon you'll be able to cheer the Leafs as your Canadian team!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Low Roller

image14.jpg

PK Subban has signed a three year deal with the Habs. Fairly typical entry level deal. No bucks disclosed.

Also signing for a year is Andre Benoit. A former Hab prospect with the Bulldogs, Benoit left for Europe two years ago, a self-imposed exile to improve his vision of the game on a bigger ice surface. I guess the Habs liked the effort he put into his own development.

Check out RDS for full details.