Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The depth to which this debate has dropped is is embarrassing.

Is is? Boom!!!! Ollie is dropping philosophical bombs today.

Moving on....

Is the depth to which this debate has dropped as embarassing as the Habs getting crushed in four by their hated rivals, the Bruins?

I'll say no.

Gotta finally ask... what's up with that avatar Punk?

Sorry for the slow response, I just got home from a 15 hour drive...

The avatar is a picture I found on the intraweb. You now know as much about it as me.

Go Jays!

Er....I mean the Habs are now going to get all their injured players back for the next game and win 4 straight....go Habs!

Dinghy' date=' that is the single greatest abstract post in this thread.

You win. Confirmed. [/quote']

It's 12:46am on a school night. Do you know where your Booche is? He should have been in bed since 9pm.

Booche doesn't sleep until the Habs are knocked of the playoffs. Every year I feel a little sad when they are knocked out but I am a little happier knowing Booche will sleep soundly after a few days of ranting.

No worries about this series. MTL is going to take out the clearly better team in 7 games. Look no further:

It took 33 years after the founding of the seed NHA league (which became the NHL) for a team to come back from a 3-0 deficit in a seven-game series – never mind the seven-game series wasn't the standard format, that's irrelevant.

Exactly 33 years later, the New York Islanders overcame the Pittsburgh Penguins when their nose was to the grindstone.

You're astute is you've done the math and figured that that means there should have been a comeback in 2008 – 33 years on from 1975. What you're missing, just like the Canadiens marketing money grabbers, is that no season took place in 2004-05 and the NHL skipped a season of play in their own books. That means that the Canadiens (I guess St. Louis missed the memo), in their 99th season of play have put themselves in prime position to be the first team to pull off the incredible feat.

Guest Low Roller

I'm watching Game 4 with little expectations. That first period was essentially a replay of Game 3: Dominate early, take a stupid penalty, power play goal against, complete collapse.