Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sympathies Habs fans!

Better luck next year.

I know it's been said before, but it's uncanny how similar this season went for the Canadiens compared to last season for the Senators. A great start, lousy 2nd half, firing the coach, the GM takes over, and rumors of drug use. Wash that all down with a 4-game sweep in the first round.

Guest Low Roller

[color:purple]When will the poor kid's Roy comparisons end? He's only 21 years old and shouldn't have that kind of pressure on his shoulders.

no matter what you say or post, playing 2 home games in the playoffs, win or lose, makes a barrel of money for the organization and is infinitely better than missing the playoffs.

wow, that must make quebec feel so much better today! way to brighten things up!

All you dumbass Sens fans: no matter what you say or post, playing 2 home games in the playoffs, win or lose, makes a barrel of money for the organization and is infinitely better than missing the playoffs.

That's the Montreal championship spirit from the fans of the most respected franchise in hockey that I've come to expect.....good on ya' punkie.

I suggest if you feel those two playoff losses didn't fill the coffers and they need more 'barrels of money' look no further than Las Vegas where Celine is chilling.

The injury reports are starting to trickle in:

- Alex Tanguay needs surgery to repair a torn muscle in his shoulder

- George Laraque has two herniated discs in his back

- Francis Bouillon has a torn groin muscle that he aggravated in Game 2.

Mystery solved.

Guest Low Roller
Hey, the Bulldogs won last night!

You brought it up, not me. Three goals in the last twelve minutes to tie the game, and an OT win to tie the series at 2-2.

[color:purple]When will the poor kid's Roy comparisons end? He's only 21 years old and shouldn't have that kind of pressure on his shoulders.

I feel bad for him. When he won in the AHL I remember thinking "great, the Habs will be good - really good- in few years." When they traded Huet and threw him in I just figured Gainy knew what he was doing and who am I to question Gainy's wisdom.

My father in law laughed and said they're gonna ruin this kid's career. Your crazy, I told him.

There's too much pressure in Montreal to bring a kid up, label him the next Roy or Dryden and expect him to perform to the best of his abilities. Imagine the NY Yankees brought up Joba Chamberlain and made him their #1 starter right off the bat, then let the media and fans blame him when everything went wrong.

I always thought Gainey did a great job building the Dallas Stars (in the non-salary cap world, mind you), but if Dallas hadn't won that cup a Jarome Iginla for Joe Nieuwendyk trade would look pretty bad today.

Well...I don't think they'll make the playoffs 2009/10.

You might want to wait and see what the team is going to look like before you start spouting off with stupid shit like that.

Gainey's got one more chance to fix this come summer but my greatest worry is how much money is going to be alloted to free agency since Gillette is having financial concerns. Truth be told, I dont have a clue how that shit works but where there's smoke..........

The second biggest issue is going to be which players will want to sign in MTL and how much its going to cost. I am terrified thinking 2nd tier players getting signed for 1st tier money because most seem to want to avoid playing for Les Brahs based on the recent past.

This season absolutely crushed me. The exit was fitting and defined what I suspect many Hab fans are feeling.

I'm not even angry if you can believe it. I went through that stage in March.

Toronto and Montreal fans and even more so, the media for those cities are all assholes. Booing a 21 year old franchise player just shows that they have no idea how hockey and for that matter professional sports work. go ahead, try to defend those dicks, you can't. Price will be awesome and if Montreal media end up running him out of town and ruining his career i say fuck you Montreal, you don't deserve him.

just ignorant. i'm talkin' STUPID. to bad they don't have a coach like Wilson or Tortorella to tell the media to go fuck a goat.

If you didn't go to the game and didn't boo Price than i'm not talking to you so fack off.

Booing BJ Ryan: totally acceptable.

Guest Low Roller
Celine will have them change it from red white and blue to pink white and blue

Says the guy who has a dude in pink spandex as his avatar.

Price will be awesome and if Montreal media end up running him out of town and ruining his career i say fuÇk you Montreal, you don't deserve him.

If there's some local biker gang in your hood maybe you can drop by and get Jose Theodore's number and discuss the matter further with him. I'm sure he'll have some insight into the matter. Grab me some blow while you're there.