Jambands.ca

The Rest of the NHL - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you put up elevated bleachers, there's not much to see if you sat in a chair (or stood) at ice level due to the boards. I'm pretty sure putting big bleachers atop Wrigley's famous grass surface isn't such a good idea either. Plus, any fans sitting in the real right and left field bleachers wouldn't be able to see a thing.

Hawk's Fan from the bleachers said:

The two teams emerged from the clubhouses shortly thereafter, and we had our first glimpse of the boys on the ice. Other than the hideous ‘Wings socks, it was an incredibly beautiful sight. (Notice a trend here?) But, we had our first realization of the afternoon: we’re not going to see much. From the bleachers, the players might as well have been a mile away. As someone who can identify different ‘Hawks just by seeing their skates (sad but true), I wasn’t even able to identify individual players. Eh, no big deal. That’s why we have DVR. You just can’t Tivo live memories.

and

The game action came and went - so I’m told. Though the spectacle of the event was something to behold, I was just too darn far away to enjoy the game action. The angle wasn’t very good either. As we were only maybe twenty feet off the ground, we were unable to see about a fifth of the ice surface due to the near boards. From the bleachers, we could follow the players, but we were almost completely unable to follow the puck.
Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
Great news: Bergeron is back tonight with the Bruins against Washington. I hope he keeps an eye on #8.

Great news indeed. Almost 18 mins of ice time and an assist, not to shabby for being off since late december thats for sure. Hopefully he'll get his groove back soon, and doesn't get his bell rang to many more times.

• 2 weeks later...