Jambands.ca

The Rest of the NHL - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

Guest Low Roller
Not Doug Weight. His first season was 91-92.

I just confirmed a suspicion I had, and in fact TSN was wrong. There are FIVE players left who played in the 80's... so two more to go.

Learn to read the internets.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

I didn't "change the rules" dumbdumb. I didn't say,"no longer players from the 80's, but lefthanders with speech impediments". I merely extended the challenge based on an error made by the original source and subsequently corrected for accuracy.

Guest Low Roller

I'm kinda surprised that the league is more severe when punishing a sucker punch than a hit from behind into the boards. The injuries are much more severe in the case of the latter, and the league does SFA to discourage it.

Guest Low Roller
I'm finding that the league is wildly inconsistent with their suspensions and discipline in general this year.

Just this year? It's been this way since for a very long time.

Heh. I edited that part out after posting it.

It must have been an off day for Rick...

I met Rick and several other Leafs (Dale McCourt, Mike Palmateer, Gaston Gingras and Alan Bester) at the Toronto Sick Kids. My best friend was dying of leukemia and they heard about it and showed up at his hospital room one Saturday afternoon before a game.

Rick stayed longer than the others, signd autos, gave him a jersey and also blew our minds with how big he was (at heart too in hindsight).

My pal Jonathon Werner passed away two weeks later at 8 years young, but Rick helped to make at least that day a good one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...