The Rest of the NHL - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How's this for some shitty luck? (could have put it in the Fantasy hockey thread since he's on my roster, but at this point it's a lost cause)

. Brad Richards returned to the Dallas Stars’ lineup after a five-week absence with a broken wrist, but Dallas’ third-leading scorer then broke his other hand in the third period, putting him out indefinitely.

Damn, just missed a chance to get tix from the director of Sports here at CBC for tonight's game. Having a coffee with 3 of my coworkers and he walks by and says "draw for my tix". One in four chance and I lost. Frack! ;)

Guess I'll just have to go home and hang out with Mini-Ovechkin.

Edited by Guest

I think I have found my calling:

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Police say a passionate hockey fan made physical threats against the Columbus Blue Jackets in a series of phone calls to the team's arena during a game.

Columbus Police Sgt. Rick Weiner says 52-year-old Peter Stenzel was arrested Thursday and charged with inducing panic for threatening physical harm against the team during its win over the Calgary Flames.

Weiner says police traced the phone calls to Stenzel's Columbus home, where they found him wearing a Flames T-shirt. Police would not say if specific players were targeted or what the threats entailed.

Stenzel was being held at the Franklin County Jail pending a Saturday court hearing.

Blue Jackets spokesman Todd Sharrock says the team will not comment on security matters.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What an ending to the Calgary-Edmonton game.

You'll see the highlight but what you might not see is Edmonton's Patrick O'Sullivan sitting on a perfect puck in the slot moments before the game winning goal. I exclaimed goal.

Great game for so early in the season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...