Jambands.ca

ollie

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, don't get me wrong, i love me some 90210, i've seen every episode of 2.0 so far, and i'm totally digging the kelly & brenda sightings, but GOOD LORD THE WRITING OF THIS SHOW IS ABYSMAL!!! the dialogue??? the sophomoric plot twists??? my god, i've seen more depth and less cheese in old saved by the bell and full house episodes. 2.0mom/aunt becky is a freakin' useless vapid character, brenda is way too nice, kelly is weak, and while i initially thought she was kind of cute and sweet, i'm torn between wanting to punch annie in the face or shove her face first down the line at an all you can buffet. geez.

i will keep watching though. :) at least for now.

Did ya'll not notice it was the Walsh's old place!

YES!!! loved that!!!!

yes, and that was pulitzer material compared to this!

*eta* they got away with it a bit more back then, too. because a) the cast was way better, it wouldn't have mattered what they were saying, that ensemble's collective "it" factor was miles above this new crop, and B) it was the early 90's. the hideous outfits and hairstyles alone took attention away from the storyline. haha.

and it was just.... grittier than this somehow. the characters were less one dimensional than these folks.

anyway. like i said, i'm still gonna watch. :) hahaha.

i'm so mad kelly's babydaddy is dylan! i was hoping for steve! hahaha

*2nd edit*

also, to this new version's credit, the first episode(s) (premiere back-to-back ones) did show some promise. this week's, though? geez.

oh and LOVE THE JACKIE TAYLOR BITS!! haha. they have to bring back david, too. maybe silver can run away from home and go stay with him and donna! (didn't those 2 get married in the original?)

Edited by Guest