Jambands.ca

A positive cop story

Hartamophone

So I was at an afternoon party here in sleepy Victoria yesterday and things got a little rowdy. Sure enough, the men in blue showed up at around 5:00. The usual routine: they walked up, said hello and asked who was renting the house. My friend Kate is the renter and walked over and introduced herself, saying "Hi, my name's Kate."

Rather than put himself up on a pedestal, the cop responded with a smile and a handshake while saying "Hi Kate, my name's Eric."

It's a little thing, but I thought that being friendly and using his first name - as opposed to "I'm Constable Jones and we've had a complaint" - was a classy move on the part of the cop, and set the tone for a positive interaction all-around. People are often quick to complain about police officers (myself included) so I thought I'd pass this one along. Reading it back it doesn't seem that significant, but I was really impressed at the time.

Peace,

Hart

What happened next?

I assume Eric didn't pull out his tazer.

As a matter of fact he didn't. He just reminded us that the booze had to be taken inside and asked us to keep the noise down. Nothing too exciting, although things almost took a turn for the worse when a drunk guy stumbled out of the house and tried to give the other cop a high-five while telling him that his moustache was "fucking awesome."

my sister used to rent an apartment in her farmhouse to a couple of cops, they had the craziest parties there...or maybe it just seemed crazy as they were loaded out of their minds on a Tuesday morning after they came off shift. They always had the best dope too, and gave me the opportunity to ask "excuse me officer, would you like a hit of this??"

a drunk guy stumbled out of the house and tried to give the other cop a high-five while telling him that his moustache was "fuÇking awesome."

LOL that is hilarious

one of my buddies, lunchie, he has recently shaved his beard into a huge handlebar stash, and we all keep telling him he looks like a narc now lol.

Always nice to read about good cop stories!

And yup, they love to party. A know a bunch (older too) in Chatham who bend the law more than most people I know.

A cop in Chatham took my weed a couple of years ago - smelled it, looked at it and said, "This is good stuff, eh?!?!?". Sucks that he took my weed and was obviously going to smoke it but at least he didn't charge me!!

Nothing too exciting, although things almost took a turn for the worse when a drunk guy stumbled out of the house and tried to give the other cop a high-five while telling him that his moustache was "fucking awesome."

Was his name Shawnald Macdonald? Ummmm - that said, I'm not sure Shawnald can talk.