Jambands.ca

New LPC Leader?

Birdy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Ignatieff and Bob Rae have struck an informal non-aggression pact in a bid to avoid turning the coming Liberal leadership contest into another divisive showdown between the two perceived front-runners.

Rae said today the two men have reached an understanding that the race must be kept civil and respectful.

... Neither Rae nor Ignatieff, lifelong friends and former university roommates, have declared their candidacies to succeed Dion, who announced yesterday his intention to step aside as soon as a replacement is chosen. But both are considered certain to take the plunge.

Rae said the two former rivals have met often specifically to discuss how to reduce the animosity that erupted between their camps in the last contest.

... Ignatieff, who has kept a low profile since Dion announced his decision to step down, was not available to comment.

'

thestar.com

IgnatieffRaeDion.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Too bad Dion didn't cut it.

He's the perfect example of why I've never been interested in being PM...

...People that expect other people to understand don't want the job as leader. Too bad most people need to be led.

Guys like Dion have strategies to get his horses the cleanest freshest water but don't have the horses that just walk on their own with him...or know where to go on their own.

That and the neighbouring ranchers grow some juicy carrots.

I would LOVE to see a debate between Ignatieff & Harper as I believe Iggy would leave little Stevie a shredded mess with all the lies and BS he's pulled over the last little while...he would expose him for the poor leader he is...

I think Dion is a very intelligent man but his achilles heel was his weak command of the English language; this did not help him in the debates as we, who watched, saw...and what will be forever remembered as his Boobtube Video...