Jambands.ca

David Frost Trial

Hal Johnson

The first two reports by Rosie Dimanno (that i read at least) in the star have been very graphic. Which is why this last report is crazy to me. Two girls gave very explicit details as to what happened and then this new guy comes along and denies it. Shows how much control Frost may have had/still has over these guys. Pretty freaky shit.

Edited by Guest

hardly seems viable that these woman would, 12 years after the fact, be very adamant about sailing him up the river if he DIDN'T do this shit.

Not like they were sitting around having a couple glasses of wine and plotting about how to ruin their own reputations and bring them out publicly as puck bunny sluts.

has to be true.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow. What an asshole.

Exclusive — I am a hockey god: Dave Frost

‘I’ll show them how much of a bad boy I can be,’ former NHL agent says in first interview since his acquittal

By Gary Dimmock November 30, 2008

OTTAWA — Dave Frost, the vilified former hockey coach and NHL agent freshly acquitted on sexual exploitation charges involving teenage hockey players, has launched a website designed to unleash secret stories about the NHL, closely-guarded playbooks and advice for young players trying to make it to the big league.

Mr. Frost, 41, has long caused a stir in rinks across the country for being abrasive and violent, and gained international notoriety when one of his most loyal players, NHLer Mike Danton, pleaded guilty in a U.S. plot to hire a hitman to kill his longtime coach and mentor-turned-agent.

Though Citizen investigative reports sparked an Ontario Provincial Police investigation into the sex exploitation allegations, Mr. Frost, who said nothing to the media as he walked out of a Napanee, Ont., courtroom Friday, Saturday spoke exclusively with this newspaper.

“They (the authorities) played me up to be the bad boy of hockey, well, now I’ll show them how much of a bad boy I can be,†Mr. Frost said.

On his website, www.hockeygodonline.com, he bills himself as the No. 1 bad boy of Canadian hockey. It includes “Frosty’s favourites†— his take on top players — hockey pool information, premium details for aspiring players, and a “Hockey Hottie†of the month, a feature that has a place for pictures of female hockey fans wearing nothing but a jersey with the chance of winning prizes.

In the days leading up to Friday’s verdict — which could have seen him sent to prison — Mr. Frost’s family and friends kept asking him if he was nervous about the outcome.

“My only real thoughts were when I coached in big games, championship games, overtimes, I got a knot in my stomach. But Friday, I didn’t have that. I used to get that because I had some control as the coach of the outcome of the game. Friday was out of my control. But make no mistake, it was the right decision the judge saw this for what it really was,†Mr. Frost said.

“This has been a massive burden on my family’s finances. But in the end, when you feel the process has become totally political you have no choice but to hire the best lawyers out there.â€

The website, now live, will give Mr. Frost a platform to comment on professional hockey the way he sees fit.

“In a unique way this website is on the cutting-edge of hockey reporting ... whether you love me or hate me ... (It will be) a must-read by all facets of the hockey community, from coaching to playing to the fans of the sport. There will be teaching, drills, tips for coaches, my secrets of my coaching success that, despite all that has happened, no one can take away the fact that I was a superior coach when it came to the game itself. I just flat out know how to win games and develop players,†Mr. Frost said.

“The bad boy is something that the media made up and for the purposes of this website, I have embraced it.â€

During his coaching career — which did not include any NHL games — he routinely made news for aggressive play on the part of his players.

“I coached a certain style 12 years ago that in today’s game would not work,†he said. “You have to move and learn with the times and, clearly, you have to be smart enough as a coach to work at understanding the changes as they happen.

“Coaching is still about motivating players, but there are several ways, including something I call ‘kill them with knowledge,’ and the players will follow your lead once you show them you know the game.â€

Using experience gained during his years as an NHL agent, he says he will disclose untold stories about the league, its teams and players.

“I will use all the sources that I built up over the years as well as my own knowledge of what goes on in hockey behind the scenes,†he said.

Mr. Frost was never really good at playing the game, but says that lack of experience won’t stop him from billing himself as a coach who knows the game inside out.

“Coaching at every level is about confidence in what you’re selling to the players. There are great coaches that played in the NHL, then there are coaches that never played a day anywhere near the NHL but succeed there,†he said.

“To be a great coach you have to understand the game and to do that you have to be a student of the game. There are guys that played in the NHL that couldn’t coach.

“It’s all about getting the players to play hard for you and want to go through a wall for you.â€

Mr. Frost’s players played hard for him every single moment of every single game. He tore them apart when they played bad. He broke sticks in the dressing room and even when his team won, he’d berate them for not winning by enough goals.

The judge who acquitted him said the prosecutor’s case was weak. He also concluded that some testimony by Crown witnesses was simply not believable and he feared some of it had been tainted by collusion.

Still, Justice Geoffrey Griffin said it was a case that exposed the “dark and very unhealthy side of hockey.â€

He described Mr. Frost’s coaching style as “abrasive and violent,†but could not convict him of that.

Mr. Frost will now focus on giving commentary and tips online.

The story about Mr. Frost that put him on the international stage came from his intimate relationship with his most loyal player, Mike Danton.

Mr. Danton disavowed his biological father and adopted Mr. Frost as a figure father. That relationship, even after the murder-for-hire plot, exists today.

Mr. Danton, formerly Mr. Jefferson, still does not communicate with his family. In conversations and letters with the Citizen, Mr. Danton has again and again said he’d rather align himself with Mr. Frost.

Mr. Danton is now serving a seven-year sentence in a U.S. prison for trying to arrange the contract killing of Mr. Frost. Since then, Mr. Danton has gone through years of therapy and, according to prison records, has done really well.

Outside of court on Friday, Mr. Danton’s father told reporters that the prosecutor in the sex exploitation trial let him down.

Mr. Frost yesterday said he hoped that Mr. Danton’s father, Steve Jefferson, signs up for therapy like his son did years ago.