Jambands.ca

iclips charging 16.50 for Widespread /Yonder New Years

p.p.

???? Not sure if I like.

Widespread Panic NYE

Widespread Panic and Yonder Mountain String Band are celebrating this New Years with 2 nights at the Pepsi Center in Denver Co. December 30th and 31st. The New Years Eve show is sold out but you can still enjoy the party from home!

WP has partnered with iClips.net and Digomé to stream this DVD quality webcast. For $16.50 you will be able to see the simulcast on the 31st in real time and then replay it over and over again well into 2009.

You can order your personal viewing code at anytime starting today. It can not be replaced so keep it secure. You will need to download the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in. Follow the links and all the directions will be revealed.

The reason for the price might be:

WP has partnered with iClips.net and Digomé to stream this DVD quality webcast...

That takes quite a bit of bandwidth and beats the crap out of the blueroom webcasts video wise. If the audio is also dvd quality then it might just be worth the $16 (especially since if you accidentally record it, you'll be able to watch it much further in the future than just 2009).

well, since Steph and I have trey and probably can't go out for nye anyway, this is pretty good.

Is there a way to capture it? Well, I'll let you know when I get a copy (if we decide to buy it).

The only thing is that I've never captured something from there before so there's a chance that the first few songs are missed. I'll try to capture a free one first to setup but when it's live, there's no guarantees...

Of course, that's probably all hypothetical since there are most likely copyright rules saying I can't record it anyway :)

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

I surprisingly ended up with NYE off, so I just ordered this.

Considering the price of going to the bar and getting shmammered on NYE in Banff, the $20.42 it cost me to see and hear a DVD quality panic show in real time doesn't seem so unreasonable. I'm in the same time zone too so it works petty good for me.

I'll be at home with my bong, a dozen coldies and some good fiends. Happy 2009 everyone!

1: Chilly Water > Travelin' Light , Space Wrangler > Coconut > The Take Out > Porch Song > Stop-Go > Driving Song > Breathing Slow

2: Time Goes By > Tall Boy > Walk on the Flood, Ain't Life Grand* > Who Do You Belong To* , Fixin To Die* , Vacation > Cynic Clinic , Weak Brain Narrow Mind , Don't Be Denied , Angels On High , Arleen > Papa's Home , Give

E: Up All Night > Disco > Love Tractor

[The track list for Space Wrangler was played as the first set (and yes, it was sick); * with Jeff Austin on Mandolin and Dave Johnston on Banjo; Yonder Mountain String Band opens]

first set was smoking hot. like a greatest hits show. second set was sweet. the yonder boys fit right it with wsp. even more i think jimmy has found a new home with wsp.

Im not going to lie. i was watching the setlist come in on nye with my phone. It looked really good on paper. Still haven't heard all of it, but I listen to a few tracks. The stuff with ymsb was great highlight I think was Fixin to die, but the band has been working that tune pretty hard lately.