Jambands.ca

Jambands means " a band with a bad singer" ?

Jay Funk Dawg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting quote from above jamband.com article:

"Newsflash: Your fifteen minute musical excursions have already done that. You have already put yourself in the category by playing the music you’ve chosen to play. All the fans are doing is describing what you are doing on stage. And it’s those fans that have, for the most part, helped make the careers of many of these bands. Jamband fans, for all their flaws, are incredibly attentive, incredibly devoted and are more than willing to allow the musicians to experiment, regardless of the outcome. And if you are going to experiment and you are going to jam, then jamband fans, and the associated title, will not be far behind."

All of this talk about poor singing and jambands and no one touched Phish?!

Sorry I love the boys from VT as much as anyone but I've heard some brutal vocals from Brother Trey and Page in various venues and even on recorded works. And I seem to recall they are definitely a jamband.....

And I forget the topic, but I think I started this a bit: I was responding to something someone posted about some artist I like being a bad singer and commented how I found that funny on a "jambands" message board to be calling out someone for poor singing.

All of this talk about poor singing and jambands and no one touched Phish?!

Sorry I love the boys from VT as much as anyone but I've heard some brutal vocals from Brother Trey and Page in various venues and even on recorded works. And I seem to recall they are definitely a jamband.....

LOL that reminds me of the time when I was in my Phish-obsessed phase about 10 years ago and I was trying to get a friend into them....I was playing some song with Page singing and he said to me "the music is good but I just can't get past the Kermit the Frog vocals......"

And one little point about the Bisco, the one time I saw them (at a moe.down) I did like some of the music(I like my beats), but I thought the LYRICS were just as horrible as the vocals.....like gut wrenchingly HORRIBAD.

And I forget the topic, but I think I started this a bit: I was responding to something someone posted about some artist I like being a bad singer and commented how I found that funny on a "jambands" message board to be calling out someone for poor singing.

I believe I was talking about the Hold Steady

And I forget the topic' date=' but I think I started this a bit: I was responding to something someone posted about some artist I like being a bad singer and commented how I found that funny on a "jambands" message board to be calling out someone for poor singing.

[/quote']

I believe I was talking about the Hold Steady

I just thought you were talking out of your ass. You were serious about that?!?