Jambands.ca

Whats on the SUPERBOWL menu????

Ol'Hickster

Franks hot sauce? My god man, you may as well just throw ketchup on em.

Anyway, now that I finally know whats going on for sunday, I've found out we've got moose, homemade pizza and beer-battered wings with a homemade hot sauce coming our way. Plus the usual munchie junk, veggie/cold meat platter etc.

That I'm not sure on to be honest. I had to wager a guess I'd bet on a chili or burgers.

I stand corrected. We'll be enjoying a moose roast, 4lb roast to be exact. I actually spoke to my buddy this morning and got an earful when I asked if it was goin be chili or burgers. To quote " This ain't some fast food crap! This thing was wandering the woods carefree in the fall" 028ws9.gif

Raptors on the score...

Here's the secret recipe for SuperBowl curried chicken wings -

4lbs. of chicken wings from your heady local butcher... free range and all that good stuff.

Sauce -

1/4 cup butter

1 onion - minced

4-5 cloves of garlic - minced

2 thumbs of ginger - minced

1-3 dash(es) of each - coriander seed, celery seed, cumin, tumeric, cinnamon, oregano, savory, thyme, paprika and black pepper

3 tblspoons of lemon juice

1/4 cup soy sauce

2 tblspoons of Chili Garlic Hot Sauce (in Schwa. that's Siracha)

1 teaspoon of cayanne pepper

2 tblspoons of yellow curry powder

3 cups of water

Edit; I forgot...

5-8 cloves

1-2 tiny pieces of saffron (not necesary, but I use it)

Over med-high (5-6) heat melt the butter and sauté the onions, garlic and ginger for a moment. Add some water to keep the butter from browning or turn down the heat. Add the rest of the ingredients and boil for 5-10 mins. Turn the sauce down to simmer, rinse the wings, put them in a large roasting pan (w/lid). Lightly sprinkle the wings with paprika, cayanne, black pepper, oregano, and lots of parsley. Pour the sauce on the wings and cover them up in the oven @ 400 for 45 mins. Check 'em out, and probably do 'em for another 45 mins. with the lid off, flipping them to get 'em a little crispy.

Dedicated to YT.

WishYouWereHere.jpg

enjoy :)

Ps. serve with... caution, I don't know how hot you like'em ;)

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...