Jambands.ca

Hampton Phish bust mugshots!

Basher

During a series of concerts last weekend in Hampton, Virginia, authorities arrested nearly 200 Phish fans, most for possession or distribution of narcotics (cops reported seizing $68,000 and illegal drugs with a purported street value of--exactly!--$1,213,882.80).

that's a whopping $6,000 average per person. yes, all phish fans routinely lug around a few pounds of weeds whenever we hit a show.

im guessing math wasn't required to write the sergeant's exam in hampton, VA.

i know there was a thread somewhere else about phish paying for the cops...and people argued that its in the contract. i think thats bs. if i was in a rock band, in a recession heading for a depression, and your show was said to bring in 5 million into the local economy (probably much more as they estimated 75 000 people, therefoe 66 dollars each (ha, i wish))

i would get the city to pay for the cops. if they dont want to , im sure another city would.

Additional security is quite often paid for the in the budget of the show. It would be standard for any band, not just Phish.

^

what he said. This isn't uncommon. Phish is known to bring major drug dealers to town. Not necessarily Phisheads or whatever but drug dealers. It ain't all hugs and roses.

i know there was a thread somewhere else about phish paying for the cops...and people argued that its in the contract. i think thats bs. if i was in a rock band, in a recession heading for a depression, and your show was said to bring in 5 million into the local economy (probably much more as they estimated 75 000 people, therefoe 66 dollars each (ha, i wish))

i would get the city to pay for the cops. if they dont want to , im sure another city would.

Don't forget too that Hampton Roads area is not depressed. Its a well-off part of VA. They don't care about the money coming in... (I mean, they do - but you get it...)

Additional security is quite often paid for the in the budget of the show. It would be standard for any band' date=' not just Phish.[/quote']

^

what he said. This isn't uncommon. Phish is known to bring major drug dealers to town. Not necessarily Phisheads or whatever but drug dealers. It ain't all hugs and roses.

not saying not needed, just saying who pays? and lets face it, phish is differnt from an economic standpoint compared to other bands where most of the fans are local.

as for momack...hampton well off? sure, but did you speak to any of the cab drivers? they LOVED it. paid the rent in a day, pay for car repairs etc. some people are definately hurting...