Jambands.ca

Tax Harmonization

Schwa.

what gives. does this help the 'little guy?'

i am already aware of how it will help my company as i do a fair bit of large scale purchasing, but what gives for someone buying a big ticket item such as a car....or for that matter, groceries?

Do you think the vendors will actually pass these savings onto us?

((looking in darren's direction ;) ))

From what I've read/heard this tax grab reeks.

Look at what it will do to costs for purchasing cars, HOUSES, as well as utilities for your house!!! Talk about getting kicked while you're down.

For those who are renters, be prepared for landlords to exercise requests for above the board rent increases this year to account for increased heating and utility costs.

Try this on for a quick read;

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090325.wPOLontbudget0325/BNStory/politics/home

Thanks Kev.

From that read I gather (in a nutshell) that the citizens of this province will be nailed with higher costs to compensate for governments that have driven their municipalities (and province) hopelessly into the red. We'll be paying more for something but less for another thing (in theory) with the dividends going to paying off debt with the surplus. either way it looks like we lose in the long run....or do we?

I heard this morning that harmonizing the tax will affect some items that were previously exempt from GST. If true that really sucks. This should be an election issue.

Also, MgGuinty's a knob.

I think to be fair the Fed has been pushing this since we all elected Steve and the Dream Team. McGuilty is a knob, but for other stuff than this, imo. Most "C" provinces already have a harmonized tax if I'm not mistaken.

Paying more for everything through provincially legislated taxes is just a way for the Fed to avoid looking bad while they claim they're doing their part to lower taxes. They've foisted the problem onto the provincial Libs and now the C's can reap the rewards of the bad optics for the Libs in general. "They'll raise your taxes just like McGuinty in Ontario." solidifies the support in traditional C areas ('berta).