Jambands.ca

Thievery Corporation (TOR and MTL)

Kanada Kev

I had a blast at this show the last time. Don't want to miss them. Friday night too :) :) :) And Sat in MTL.

http://www.thieverycorporation.com

Tickets $46

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/10004307017BABA4?artistid=807166&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=4

09/19: @ Pier 6 Pavillion, Baltimore MD

10/02: @ Austin City Limits Festival, Austin TX

10/03: @ Stubb's Waller Creek Amphitheater, Austin TX

10/04: @ House of Blues, Dallas TX

10/06: @ House of Blues, Houston TX

10/08: @ House of Blues, Orlando FL

10/09: @ The Fillmore, Miami FL

10/10: @ Ritz Theater, Tampa FL

10/11: @ Tabernacle, Atlanta GA

10/21: @ Royal Oak Music Theatre, Detroit MI

10/23: @ Kool Haus, Toronto ON

10/24: @ Metropolis, Montreal QC

10/26: @ House of Blues, Boston MA

10/28: @ The Norva, Norfolk VA

10/29: @ Charlottesville Pavillion, Charlottesville VA

10/30: @ Electric Factory, Philadelphia PA

10/31: @ Terminal 5, New York NY

• 1 month later...

They actually mentioned how miserable a night it was -- I would say there was at least 1,500 people there. The show was so top notch - the visuals, the multiple singers - plus great music. My only criticism would be the sound - the bass was a bit mufflily.

Definitely enjoyed it - it was the first time seeing them play live. Many people said that it was pretty much the same show they saw in February.

Ocole Soul Sounds was the opening act...LOVED their set...The band is a side project by members of Antibalas (my favourite band of the 2007 Toronto Jazz Festival) and Grupo Fantasma (my favourite act at Hillside this year)...Would def. go see them again in a heartbeat...

This was, more or less, the same show that Thievery Corporation did in February...They got a new little punk rock bass player, the LED panels that were blocking half the audience's view of the percussionists were left on the truck, the sound wasn't quite as good and the horn section's hair got a little longer...It felt a little stale to me, but if you haven't seen them before it'd be worthwhile...

• 2 weeks later...